• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

half_dog

Guys, for who have/had this "mouse noise issue" with D10s may I ask which which amplificador you were using with D10s?

Sak

I use it on multiple PCs, but such a problem has not occurred. Maybe I think it is a problem with your PC.
Agree.
I also never had either on d10, d10s, d10B. But I've read about this problem on several forums. In most cases, the cause was the power supply.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Agree.
I also never had either on d10, d10s, d10B. But I've read about this problem on several forums. In most cases, the cause was the power supply.
I have always bought a good power supply and have not had issues except a cheesy 350 watter in a old AMD system. I second buy a good power supply and the hope for the best..

gvl

Major Contributor
These issues typically happen if the amp has a grounded mains plug and built in PSU, using an amp with an external AC adapter/transformer can be a solution.

half_dog

These issues typically happen if the amp has a grounded mains plug and built in PSU, using an amp with an external AC adapter/transformer can be a solution.
Exactly, that's why asked about the amps, kind of trying to confirm it. @spede said he had had paired his D10s with a SP200 - maybe a confirmation? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-usb-dac-and-bridge-review.14859/post-1068719
I would propose another solution: use a power plug adapter which has no ground pin on the amp power cord end like the picture...
@spede if you are still with your D10s and SP300, if possible could you try this solution and report back?
Doing this, the SP200 will still grounded (only) by the RCAs connectors.

gvl

Major Contributor
Operating without equipment ground where it was designed in is a safety hazard.

half_dog

Operating without equipment ground where it was designed in is a safety hazard.
You're right. But what I could see on SP200, it seems okay to operate with its ground floating if is connected to grounded an equipment (eg.: D10s connected to a grounded PC/laptop). I don't know about other amplifiers...

spede

Guys, for who have/had this "mouse noise issue" with D10s may I ask which which amplificador you were using with D10s?
SMLS SP200, guessed it has something to do with it because Loxjie P20 was not picking USB/Mouse movements up.

Stacked 2x USA/UK/EU power adaptors top of SP200 power cord and damn hum is gone. Thanks to everyone!

This is not fire hazard? I got no clue about electricity.

*edit* Seems like it is since ground is missing, propably will swap this amp or get balanced dac.

Attachments

• IMG_20220130_104803.jpg
    IMG_20220130_104803.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20220130_104930.jpg
    IMG_20220130_104930.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20220130_111228.jpg
    IMG_20220130_111228.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

gvl

Major Contributor
You're right. But what I could see on SP200, it seems okay to operate with its ground floating if is connected to grounded an equipment (eg.: D10s connected to a grounded PC/laptop). I don't know about other amplifiers...

Oh, it’ll operate, but if mains shorts to the chassis inside the amp for some reason it will kill the D10s, the laptop, possibly you and others in the house if fire starts. Realistically the probability of this happening is rather low, but safety ground is there exactly to prevent this type of issues.

half_dog

Oh, it’ll operate, but if mains shorts to the chassis inside the amp for some reason it will kill the D10s, the laptop, possibly you and others in the house if fire starts. Realistically the probability of this happening is rather low, but safety ground is there exactly to prevent this type of issues.
Oh gosh. I was thinking "but L30 and other amps work this way" and than I realized after your explanation. L30, L50, Atom, Magni... all those use external AC power adapter. So a much lower voltage and limited power is getting into the amplifier, not a main power cable which can deliver 2000W.
Sorry for my ignorance!

half_dog

Now you got me thinking about the SMSL M500 first version, it was a 2 pin cable and the new version is 3 pin.

spede

Ordered this between D10s and SP200, will report how it goes if it gets to me soon enough.

1pcs 3.5mm Car RCA Amplifier Audio Noise Filter Ground Loop Isolator Suppressor 6.3 x 3.8 x 3cm

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 18-09-23 1 82€ 7% OFF 1pcs 3 5mm Car RCA Amplifier Audio Noise Filter...png
    Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 18-09-23 1 82€ 7% OFF 1pcs 3 5mm Car RCA Amplifier Audio Noise Filter...png
    127.4 KB · Views: 69

artsky

I'm using the D10s with my RPi4 and have no issues, the sound is clean. But when I tried to connect the same D10s to a Android box "Mibox 4s" I can hear mouse movements and some hum, probably because of the low-quality power brick that was supplied with the android box.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Nahh, sounds like a ground loop. Changing the power supply will have zero effect on that.

Wolf69

I’m looking for a DAC for my iphone with apple music on my hope speakers via my AVR.
I was looking at a way to have lossless using apple app on third party hardware like my LG TV or PS5 but the app don’t deliver lossless…

So i looked at DAC and there are either the one for headphone or the one like this one.

So the question would be, which one would be better? Would my iphone deliver enough power for this DAC? Will the SQ improve drastically? Are there better alternatives ?
Or simply juste wait for the app to offer lossless but rely on my AVR DAC (denon 2400)?

Thanks

I’m looking for a DAC for my iphone with apple music on my hope speakers via my AVR.
I was looking at a way to have lossless using apple app on third party hardware like my LG TV or PS5 but the app don’t deliver lossless…

So i looked at DAC and there are either the one for headphone or the one like this one.

So the question would be, which one would be better? Would my iphone deliver enough power for this DAC? Will the SQ improve drastically? Are there better alternatives ?
Or simply juste wait for the app to offer lossless but rely on my AVR DAC (denon 2400)?

Thanks
I have a setup like this, but with the older D10. Old (retired) iPhone 6S connected to the 'Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter' (so the phone can connect to the D10 AND charge at the same time) connected to the D10 connected to my NAD C320BEE. I've been running it that way for many months and it sounds incredible (lossless files, Spotify, Tunein, etc.). It's very stable too, never craps out.

Top Bottom