• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Veri

Master Contributor
External power would provide cleaner power but what other way does extra power benefit the DAC? Would my D10s be holding back my Liquid Spark due to lack of power?
Oh no definitely not, external power can just help with USB power problems, as the person asking already had some issues.

Yoyop

Oh no definitely not, external power can just help with USB power problems, as the person asking already had some issues.

So should I re-order an E30 ? I used Samsung phone charger with it but is there any difference if I power it by Desktop USB ? (for Convenience)

Veri

Master Contributor
So should I re-order an E30 ? I used Samsung phone charger with it but is there any difference if I power it by Desktop USB ? (for Convenience)
You'd have to try and see ;) but under normal circumstances? No.

Yoyop

You'd have to try and see ;) but under normal circumstances? No.

Ok sound quality will be the same, maybe the Samsung wall charger destroyed my previous E30 ? (5V 2A)
E30 clearly benefits is Power separated of Data, well i'll maybe give it another chance ...

Should I install Topping drivers or just plug and play with WASAPI in foobar ?

Veri

Master Contributor
Ok sound quality will be the same, maybe the Samsung wall charger destroyed my previous E30 ? (5V 2A)
E30 clearly benefits is Power separated of Data, well i'll maybe give it another chance ...

Should I install Topping drivers or just plug and play with WASAPI in foobar ?
Amir usually tests with a simply samsung adapter too, so it should not be a problem. Should only avoid "fast charge" high ampere cell phone chargers, those are a bad idea. About drivers, plug and play is fine, installing drivers will give ASIO support if you need it. Not a must.

vdem

It's not a mistake. But simply did not modify certain code. The space is there always.
The firmware with this fixed is available per request. But I don't want to go into this anymore this time.
Hi! Is it possible to fix with D10s after installing last driver V5.0.0 ? It works perfectly with driver V4.8.6.. a few days ago I decided to install a new driver and have got inoperable D10s after rebooting my desktop. I have tried to revert previous driver but without success.

Attachments

• Screenshot_85.png
    Screenshot_85.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot_84.png
    Screenshot_84.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 144

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Hi! Is it possible to fix with D10s after installing last driver V5.0.0 ? It works perfectly with driver V4.8.6.. a few days ago I decided to install a new driver and have got inoperable D10s after rebooting my desktop. I have tried to revert previous driver but without success.
Maybe uninstall and reinstall the driver without the device plugin in?

vdem

Maybe uninstall and reinstall the driver without the device plugin in?
it is look like it helps but only for V4.8.6 driver.. Thanks for quick response!

Attachments

• Screenshot_87.png
    Screenshot_87.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_86.png
    Screenshot_86.png
    6 KB · Views: 144

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm having an issue where both channels play the same sound. Using SPDIF out. I haven't tried analog. So there's no imaging whatsoever. Just all front and center. Windows controls left and right just fine. Then whenever I play anything, it's all both channels to both channels. There's no balance control, even.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Adopted the balanced RCA Khadas uses maybe?
This is what I'd suspect. Either that or plain ol' TRS, nothing too expensive either way.

I wonder what sort of DAC chip they may be using... AKM would likely be out for the foreseeable future (I kind of doubt they'd want to wait at least half a year with their product release), and there's not that much else that will get to 125 dB(A). Either something ESS or a CS43198 then, I guess.

jannek

For balanced it would need a doubled ES9038Q2M I think... I would not suppose a complete change of DAC chip. On the other hand double ES9038Q2M would be like D50s... Which is 13 dB "worse" at SINAD

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
This is what I'd suspect. Either that or plain ol' TRS, nothing too expensive either way.

I wonder what sort of DAC chip they may be using... AKM would likely be out for the foreseeable future (I kind of doubt they'd want to wait at least half a year with their product release), and there's not that much else that will get to 125 dB(A).
I believe either 1x (differential) or 2x ESS9038Q2M, and looks like TRS balanced outputs.

Sak

Incredible measurements for the D10 refresh!
Impressive.
I had the first D10, now d10S, it will be interesting to look at the updated version. I wonder will they change the name ?

liu

I believe either 1x (differential) or 2x ESS9038Q2M, and looks like TRS balanced outputs.
should be 1x differential.
2 ess chip would significantly increase the cost.
ess mobile chip are highly performant. khadas tone pro 2 uses single chip and achieved similar performance:
https://www.khadas.com/tone2pro
-118db thd+n (not a weighted)

Veri

Master Contributor
Impressive.
I had the first D10, now d10S, it will be interesting to look at the updated version. I wonder will they change the name ?
I believe it will, yes. Since it is a balanced D10 it will have some indication of that :)

Just noticed the digital coax output is better performing (less noise and jitter) than $399.00 Singxer SU-1.... :)

Reactions: Sak
Top Bottom