• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10s or Topping E30

noname69

Any differences in sound quality between these two? I have a FiiO K5 PRO right now but i want something else and i was looking at the Topping D10s and the Topping E30 paired with a Schiit Heresy or JDS LABS ATOM.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Any differences in sound quality between these two? I have a FiiO K5 PRO right now but i want something else and i was looking at the Topping D10s and the Topping E30 paired with a Schiit Heresy or JDS LABS ATOM.

No, they are both transparent. Price and features are what differentiates them.

Bob101

The e10 uss an ESS converter chip, vs AKM in the E30. Many reviewers will attribute all sorts of sonical differences to this, and although it is possible to hear a difference with instantenous A/B switching between the two, very few if any people will be able to tell the two apart when tested blindly. The E30 has more inputs and a (defeatable) preamp function, and: it requires you to use a seperate usb port or an external 5V PSU (1A or more) for power. With my E30 I used to hear an intermittent whining noise trough my speakers when USB-powered as well as with all wallwarts at my disposal. I bought an ifi ipower, and now that's in the past. Besides the absence of the whining I can't decisively say it actually performs better, but I do sleep better now:)

cbhere

Forum Donor
I was in the same dilemma few weeks back and that’s when I discovered Allo Boss player and on researching found the new Allo Boss2 and pulled the trigger on it. Agree it’s more expensive than both of them but you get better noise performance and a full fledged music streamer as bonus along with it.
Check out the review by Amirm posted today:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/allo-boss2-review-stereo-streamer.22916/

Top Bottom