• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10S Low Volume for Netflix compared to other audio sources

jst

I just bought D10s to replace my ALC1220 but my problem now is I lose the ENHANCEMENT TAB and I cannot enable loudness to normalize or equalize volume for all audio sources.

Audio streaming sources like Spotify, Deezer, some youtube videos, etc have no problem but also some other Youtube videos and Netflix are kinda low volume. (my preamp and amp both already at 10-11 o'clock position, I never crank up the volume beyond that).

Is there any workaround to this problem or if anyone ever encountered the same problem as me and have found solution please post it here.

Last edited:
OP
jst

jst

youtube wont aply gain to quiet audio. I use this to match volume (though you have to keep an eye on the levels) https://inzk.dev/tweaks-for-youtube/
Wow it worked. Prefer a global one like Realtek's loudness or windows' enhancement setting but this will do for youtube vids. Thanks.

Now for Netflix if anyone has it, it's so low volume for me compared to other audio sources. Or if anyone has a global sound normalization for windows.

-edit-
nvm found it , same trick using chrome extension, tons of volume booster there.

But still, at the end of the day, a normalizer/loudness setting for global volume is still best, how come it's not available or hard to find even after the market is flooded with tons of usb DAC, because everyone's sound system doesn't have the same volume, so an auto gain volume is welcome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom