• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10....why is silver cheaper than black??

Cinzano Bianco

Looking to purchase a Topping D10. On Amazon it shows a silver version being the latest version... 1) Didnt know there was a newer later vesion and 2) Why is the newer version or silver cheaper than the black one when it is identical other than colour?

Apologies for what are possibly dumb questions, am new to this :)

OP
C

Cinzano Bianco

Fair enough....Just bought myself a silver Topping D10 and saved just over £20 :D

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Black has to sound better due to the "black effect", LOL.

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
Fair enough....Just bought myself a silver Topping D10 and saved just over £20 :D

Good to hear... at least the price difference isn't all that huge. I had your dilemma when I bought my D10.

Hmmm...

I've sometimes contemplated about the ff. to add as side surrounds in a 7.1ch config:
1575256903102.jpeg

The white matches the color of my ceiling, but it's a hundred dollars more expensive. Moreover, white balanced xlr and power cables are more expensive, not to mention hard to find. But since the attachments I need are already painted black, the cheaper black speaker makes sense. What doesn't makes sense, though, is the fact that the freaking attachments cost more the speaker itself! Ayayay! :confused: Why do I even bother?

*Only need one of the ceiling drops though as the side of my seat opens to a hallway. Can't really put a stand there...

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Really? Both have been £65 for some time from Shenzhen Audio fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk.
I noticed that Amazon UK recently started selling the black version themselves for £88 or so.

Top Bottom