• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Topping D10 Setup Help

Let's hope someone is still reading this thread.

Yesterday I received my Topping D10, and I'm having trouble setting it up on my Windows 7 PC.

How should I proceed? The manual that came with the unit is in Chinese, and I can't find an English version.

What drivers should I install?

L5730

OK, I'll bite ;)

English manual:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fcul5n607qw47f/d10.zip?dl=0&file_subpath=/D10+User's+Manual_EN.pdf

Windows 7 and later, Driver download:
http://www.tphifi.net/drivers/d10_manual_and_driver.zip

The driver download zip has something of a manual to tell you how to setup foobar2000 for DSD playback.
You may also want to check out the helpful setup guide at DIY-Audio-Heaven for setting up foobar2000.

It's really not all that hard to navigate Topping's website.

If you are really stuck, I maybe able to do a remote connection to you and guide you through it. So I'd see your screen and control your mouse, whilst you can also see your own screen and what I am doing.

OK, I installed foobar and plugins following the tutorial.

The only plugin that was refused installation was SACD, claiming it's a bad file or unsupported.

I thought it might be a problem in the later version 1.1.7, but it was the same for version 1.1.6.

What might be happening?

L5730

You may the newer SACD component. Foobar2000, not that long ago, updated to version 1.4, and some stuff doesn't work.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/

Try v1.1.8 of the SACD component.

If you can get PCM audio to play fine, do that. Then faff about with DSD afterwards. It can be a little bit of a pain to setup DSD playback to your liking. Not really too difficult, just a couple of hoops to jump through in fb2k menus.

Downloaded v1.1.8

Got the same message:

"Could not load component "foo_input_sacd-1.1.8.zip": Unsupported format or corrupted file"

What is happening?

The tutorial says not to unpack the zip file.

What do I do after unpacking the zip file?

In fact I already did that, and made a new zip file to see if the problem was the compression. Didn't work either.

L5730

1. Open Foobar2000
2. Go to Prefs > Components
3. Unpack the SACD component zip file
4. Drag and drop the foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component file onto the foobar2000 prefs window and it should install.
5. fb2k should ask to be restarted.

Fb2k can install simply packed components from their zip files. Problem is, the SACD one is more complicated, has other files in it. No need to repack to another zip, the component file will install once dragged into the fb2k prefs window.

Top Bottom