• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10 Random Popping/Distortion New Windows 10 Install

jasonq997

Forum Donor
I really like the D10. Previously in this laptop setup it has performed fine (as long as I have a powered usb hub installed). I also have it in another PC setup and it performs flawlessly there with no problems. I reinstalled Windows 10 on the laptop today for another technical reason and all of the sudden I am getting random flubs, pops and distortion. Not constant, but every 30 seconds to 1 min there will be some noise when listening to an audio track. Not something an Audio Science Review reader can put up with. Any thoughts on how to fix this? It seems like it is all due to this Windows reinstall.

Victoria

Does the popping coincide with any specific activity on your notebook? And if it does, can you check if the IRQ of the hardware for said activity matches that of the USB hub that the D10 is connected to? I had a similar experience once where the IRQ of my wireless interface was the same as the USB hub my DAC was on and that in turn resulted in distortion during high network traffic.

Gringoaudio1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Did you solve this? My D10 just started doing this. Connected to a desktop. Desktop had crashed between last listening session and now when the popping started. Like static or a vinyl scratch. Thanks. Happens with various streaming sources and J River.

Top Bottom