• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10 not working on Mini PC

Stefancos

Hello.

I have an issue regarding my Topping D10 DAC.
I've used it on two desktops running Windows 10 for over a year now without any problems. One has the Topping D10 driver installed, the other one doesnt. It works great on either.

However I bought a mini PC running Windows 10 pro, and it doesnt play any audio through the Topping D10. I have it set as my playing in the Windows 10 Control Panel. If I play audio I can see the equalizer bar moving. But there's no sound coming through the amp I connected to it.

Any idea what the problem is? The mini PC is an Intel NUC, model D34010wyk

Regards.

Stefan

threni

Major Contributor
Hello.

I have an issue regarding my Topping D10 DAC.
I've used it on two desktops running Windows 10 for over a year now without any problems. One has the Topping D10 driver installed, the other one doesnt. It works great on either.

However I bought a mini PC running Windows 10 pro, and it doesnt play any audio through the Topping D10. I have it set as my playing in the Windows 10 Control Panel. If I play audio I can see the equalizer bar moving. But there's no sound coming through the amp I connected to it.

Any idea what the problem is? The mini PC is an Intel NUC, model D34010wyk

Regards.

Stefan
If it were me I'd make sure the PC was fully up to date. Install the Topping drivers. Are there updates for the D10 itself? Check the USB ports work for other things (phone, for example). See if audio is working to the headphone socket on the PC. Make sure the USB cables work. Finally, if all that fails (and your DAC is still working on the other PC), consider creating a linux bootable usb key and see if you can play music through the USB port using that; see if it's a windows or a hardware problem.

OP
S

Stefancos

The DAC works fine with my other 2 PC's. The mini PC plays sound if I select the HDMI port as output. Both devices have up to date firm ware.

artsky

I hope this is already resolved, but if not, you can play around with the sample rates. It really depends on what source you are trying to play, whether spotify or Tidal, as sometimes, a setting for Tidal will not produce sound when switched to Tidal, especially for high sample rate settings. In my case, since I mainly use Tidal, I stick to my settings and not bother about using Spotify on my PC.

Top Bottom