• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

nyxnyxnyx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Besides form and features, are there any good reasons I should pick up the D90 instead of this? I mean both are very capable DACs but their measurements already exceeded past the audible range, so should I just stick with what fits my budget?

Lupin

If you don't play DSD Native, you don't need to install the driver.
Unless for some reason you want ASIO support.
Other then that yeah, not really necessary.

Whoareyou

Forum Donor
If these had s/pdif input they would be perfect paired with the miniDSP U-DIO8 for multichannel.
Hopefully another iteration, similar to these could be released with input instead of output.

Labjr

Major Contributor
If these had s/pdif input they would be perfect paired with the miniDSP U-DIO8 for multichannel.
Hopefully another iteration, similar to these could be released with input instead of output.

I want to see a reasonably priced DSP device that can handle stereo 4-way crossover better than an anlog crossover, and doesn't use SPDIF out.

hyperknot

Since this doesn't have any memory for volume (if I understand right), does this default to default mute or default max volume? The Soncoz DAC with the same chip has 2 firmwares, one with default mute and one with default max. How is this handled here?

phoenixsong

Since this doesn't have any memory for volume (if I understand right), does this default to default mute or default max volume? The Soncoz DAC with the same chip has 2 firmwares, one with default mute and one with default max. How is this handled here?
If it works like my other usb dacs the pc usb port should be the one that remembers the device and its settings

Toku

Major Contributor
Unless for some reason you want ASIO support.
Other then that yeah, not really necessary.
DoP works for me on my DAC. I can't imagine it sounds any different than native.
My remark means the difference between ASIO Native forwarding and DoP forwarding.
Both can play DSD, but DoP transfer has restrictions and DSD256 cannot be played. So it means that you need a driver to play DSD perfectly with D10 Balanced.

HDavidson

Maybe it is worth showing Impulse Response when measureing the Dacs. Inverted or not, as it was with Topping D10. It can be convenient for correction, with the possibility of reversing it.

kukocz

Forum Donor

Sharur

;-;
53821268-19E4-41AF-98CD-5ABDF6139810.jpeg

raif71

Major Contributor
1627536793544.png

My trs to xlr cable arrived to be used for D10b and balanced amp (along with normal xlr cables)

Toku

Major Contributor
Does D10 Balanced has hardware digital volume accessible from linux/windows driver?

Do you plan release multichannel version of it? It would be great solution for active systems.
D10 Balanced is a product that combines the DDC function and USB-DAC, and the RCA output is fixed. There are no items that can be operated from the outside. There are no setting items. All you can do is connect the cables.

miofu

D10 Balanced is a product that combines the DDC function and USB-DAC, and the RCA output is fixed. There are no items that can be operated from the outside. There are no setting items. All you can do is connect the cables.

I thought D10s has such feature and it is builtin ESS DAC chip. Am I wrong?

Top Bottom