• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

cyruz

Just a curiosity, I don't see any button, so are the outputs mutually exclusive, selectable from the PC, or are they all available at the same time?

If the outputs are (or can be made) available at the same time, do you think a cascading setup with a different DAC is feasible? It would be a great solution to add a sub although I suppose there could be the possibility of clock sync issues...

ceausuc

Sooooo. Looks like there's gonna be a Topping E50 with more features than D10B :D
https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/measurements-of-topping-e50-dac/
ESS9068-powered. Just like Gustard X16, SMSL SU-8s.

Nice comment from Wolf:
"There's no suspense about the 50s... That's boring" :)
To see all dacs measuring / performing the same is indeed pretty "boring" these days.

Another one with TRS instead on the standard XLR?!
I dont' understand why Topping insists with this connector... Is it cheaper or something like that? By how much? 5$?!
Come on, Topping, even the cheapest aliexpres dacs can put an XLR connector, and you can't?! Pff...

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I dont' understand why Topping insists with this connector... Is it cheaper or something like that? By how much? 5$?!
Come on, Topping, even the cheapest aliexpres dacs can put an XLR connector, and you can't?! Pff...

Connectors are "cheap" tooling is not.

raif71

Major Contributor
I was wondering where was Wolf gone.

Good news! It is an evolution of the E30 with Balanced out, right?
I suppose so but without AKM dac. Wonder when will AKM recovers? Heard they plan to outsource some chips from other fabs but so far no news of the usual DACs used by DAC manufacturers.

raif71

Major Contributor
@JohnYang1997 , will there be an L50 with matching TRS in so that we can use a TRS male to male cable for balanced connection with the E50 ?

usern

What is the problem with TRS? Many audio interfaces use it to connect powered monitors.

Bel Canto

Looks quite simply like a size/space solution to me. Thr E30/50 case is small and wouldn't accommodate XLR. As to which is standard, you could argue that if you include the pro audio world, there are far more TRS balanced used than XLR.

Top Bottom