• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A70 + D70

dazatron

Hello everyone, first post, long time lurker. I'm really interested in his combo but I'm unsure on a few things. I own a Hugo 2 and want to switch to this combo. My first question is which one would be the preamp, secondly I'll be connecting to a naim nap200 so would I connect the dac and hp amp with balanced XLR and the RCA outputs on the dac to the amp, I'm thinking that the dac would be the pre(volume control). Finally how would I switch from listening through speakers to using headphones. Sorry if I'm not making sense.

OP
D

dazatron

Or maybe better off with the dx7pro. Thanks for any help

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Welcome! It's a little early for much of the membership, so you'll likely see some responses soon. ;)

b7676

The headphone amp also has the superior preamp functionality (even ability to add ext90 module).

It has selectable ouputs, you can choose only rca out from an xlr input signal. Or to both. Or rca in xlr out.
The A70 (or the similar L70, A90d) can also select between power and headphone outs active individually or simultaneously.

Top Bottom