• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

semektet

lier A50s+E30+P50 powe
It's unpleasant to hold hand on top of P50 after some time when A50s is pluged in it. With D50s there is no such problem
My P50 + A50s combination does only get warm (7/24 on), unless I additionally use one of the USB outs for powering the Ipad+Dragonfly Cobalt combo, which I use as Tidal Streamer and DAC. When this pack is connected, P50 can get really hot. Getting concerned a bit on this level of temperature, I have read a lot about this issue and learned that linear power supplies getting hot is quite normal as they are not so efficient. Much of the energy is dissipated as heat. But to be on the safe side, i started using mains separately to power ipad+Cobalt :).

P50 impressions so far, it smoothened out the sound overall, sharpness of cobalt at highs now gone (with a Sennhesier HD560s). I am quite satisfied so far.

Re my previous post on Dragonfly Cobalt + A50s combo; i ordered Topping E30 to replace Cobalt in the setup. Cobalt is not so powerful, but sound quality is good. Will report back when E30 will be in use.

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Received the New Fantasia cable today and can confirm the 4.44mm balanced is working flawlessly, and it sounds better to my ears than the SE output, not surprisingly. No idea when my cable from Artic Cables is arriving.

rymnd6c28

Is it normal to have my A50s do the clicking sound (like when you turn it on off and/or switch gain) from time to time? It happens kinda randomly when I'm not switching gain and/or turn on/off.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it normal to have my A50s do the clicking sound (like when you turn it on off and/or switch gain) from time to time? It happens kinda randomly when I'm not switching gain and/or turn on/off.

I don't think so, it's the sound of a relay switching. My A50s only does it when swtiching on/off and gain as you mention.

rymnd6c28

I don't think so, it's the sound of a relay switching. My A50s only does it when swtiching on/off and gain as you mention.
Hm, wonder if I should contact my distributor. It's working normally other than that tho.

Bosus

Mine does, too. Maybe 1x/day. Haven't done any troubleshooting.

I really like the single source power provided by the P50, but can't seem to overlook A50s max balanced output power being less when used with the P50.

Even though 2.4W x 2 may be fine in practical terms, the P50 feels like expensive cable management that actually lowers system potential.

Will a P50s be released which addresses this?

View attachment 90872
When powered by the P50, does that mean a drop from 3.5W x 2 @32Ω to 2.4W x 2 @32?

Rayman30

Forum Donor
Does anyone elses A50S get very warm while in use?

CxoD

Worth getting topping a50s/d50s for the Audeze LC2C Classic?
Will be connected to a desktop via USB for music + gaming mostly.

Was thinking of Schiit but backordered since forever, so topping looks nice.

ninetylol

Worth getting topping a50s/d50s for the Audeze LC2C Classic?
Will be connected to a desktop via USB for music + gaming mostly.

Was thinking of Schiit but backordered since forever, so topping looks nice.
I would take a e30 or d10s instead of the d50s

Rayman30

Forum Donor
Mine is barely warm even after 2-3 hours of listening, just like the older A50.

Yeah I would describe it as very warm, using balanced 4.4mm, maybe that's why?

Rayman30

Forum Donor
Left the amp on today, came back to static from the right channel and the amp very warm. This was definitely my error leaving it on but this should not cause any problems.

113.7F while in use at moderate volume.

Update: After listening for a while, a hiss is now present in the right channel. I have initiated a replacement from Linsoul on Amazon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom