• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

Veri

Master Contributor
The A50s is an older model than the L50. I think i'm correct in saying that the A50s was the first device with Topping's NFCA amplifier design.
Mmm that would be the L30, A90. Afterwards the A50 got refreshed in A50s.

since a50s only have unbalanced inputs, how can it have a real balanced output? I'm just very confused about this

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
since a50s only have unbalanced inputs, how can it have a real balanced output? I'm just very confused about this
The meaning of 'Balanced' applied differently between headphones and amplifiers/source io. This is a good explanation:

Veri

Master Contributor
It gives a voltage doubled "real" balanced output but it is impedance balanced not dual mono. Some people would call it "fake" balanced but the end result is the same.

Top Bottom