• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

C76

Is it normal to have my A50s do the clicking sound (like when you turn it on off and/or switch gain) from time to time? It happens kinda randomly when I'm not switching gain and/or turn on/off.

Mine started doing that too, after about a month of daily use. Sound also cuts out for about half a second. I'm using the balanced output and with the knob at 9-to-10 o'clock it gets slightly warm.

RHO

Major Contributor
Just got my A50s in today. Connected it to my DX3 pro (configured as DAC => no volume control).
Maybe just my imagination but the low output impedance of the A50s compared to the DX3pro V2 is noticeable with the K371. Lowest frequencies seem a little louder and cleaner. In some songs I seem to notice more low rumble compared to the DX3pro headphone out. (less noticeable with HD6XX) <= Edit: It was just my imagination. :D
I haven't tried my Blessing 2 dusk yet.
With the K371 I need to turn the volume down to 8 o'clock in low gain. This may not be the perfect amp for IEMs.

Last edited:

ati

I have an annoying issue with my A50s where one output channel disappears (headphones, either connection I think). A power cycle gets rid of it and restores both channels.

dan2021

Apologies if this has been asked before but for owners who have the full P50/A50S/D50S trio, is it safe (heat wise) to stack all 3? If so, in which order is recommended (eg top-middle-bottom)?

Thanks

4udio

Apologies if this has been asked before but for owners who have the full P50/A50S/D50S trio, is it safe (heat wise) to stack all 3? If so, in which order is recommended (eg top-middle-bottom)?

Thanks
If you want to power both a50s and d50s from p50 the best combo is a50s on top of d50s. P50s should be separated because it gets very hot when driving both.

semektet

Thanks

I am powering A50s and E30 with P50. P50 sits on top of A50s, E30 separate due to size difference. P50 is heavy and keeps A50s very well in place, however they both get hot - though without any issues.

dan2021

1 other question, do any of you all use small rubber footers for any of the topping 50 series products? Any recommendations?

Fenix84

Hey can someone measure the total height of 2 combinations including the feet?
A50s + D50s
150s + D50s + P50s

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1 other question, do any of you all use small rubber footers for any of the topping 50 series products? Any recommendations?

I have the stock feet on, but I have put acrylic tape on them to stick them the component below. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07L1GY5SX

Hey can someone measure the total height of 2 combinations including the feet?
A50s + D50s
150s + D50s + P50s

53mm (includes two layers of acrylic tape, so you can take 2-3mm off)
105mm (ditto)

dan2021

Does anyone use the A50S/D50S (with or without P50) with the HD800S, is it a good pairing?

RHO

Major Contributor
Does anyone use the A50S/D50S (with or without P50) with the HD800S, is it a good pairing?
Why wouldn't it be a good pairing? It's a transparent combo with ample power to drive that headphone.

dan2021

Why wouldn't it be a good pairing? It's a transparent combo with ample power to drive that headphone.
Sounds good, just asking. Was also looking at the Monoprice THX788 DAC/AMP because that one has a bit more crossfeed/eq options.

One thing can I ask, is there a guide anywhere here on audiosciencereview on how to use software EQ for headphones? i.e. what software, etc

RHO

Major Contributor
I think most here use Equalizer APO with Peace as a UI.
There are good tutorials online. Google should be able to help you out with that.

Dfdnd

I have an annoying issue with my A50s where one output channel disappears (headphones, either connection I think). A power cycle gets rid of it and restores both channels.
I bought a A50s yesterday and have the same Problem. The right channel disappeared once when I touch the case. Unplug and replug the Headphone and the A50s turned it self off. Turned it on and still only the left channel works. The problem is gone after about one minute. It's paired with D50s.

Top Bottom