• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
million dollar question: A50s + D50s + P50 OR DX7 Pro???

2 cent answer, if you need balanced get DX7 Pro but if not get the A50s/D50s stack... sans the power supply.

hish73

How much power do you need?
Not too much. I’m running the Dan Clark Ether 2 headphones. The impedance is only 16 ohm so I’m thinking the A50S may be better as the output impedance is significantly lower than the DX7 pro...

4udio

Not too much. I’m running the Dan Clark Ether 2 headphones. The impedance is only 16 ohm so I’m thinking the A50S may be better as the output impedance is significantly lower than the DX7 pro...
Then go with combo that kkeretic proposed. Just buy some quality mobile charger or you can buy linear power supply for around 50$ e.g. iFi Audio iPower 5V. P50 is well overpriced (I have one and I've wanted it because it looks really nice).
A50s is really nice amp.
Now that I look at my stack, I have more cables than I ever wanted to see so next time I'll buy all-in-one device (e.g. if Dx7Pro gets successor).

ninetylol

Then go with combo that kkeretic proposed. Just buy some quality mobile charger or you can buy linear power supply for around 50$ e.g. iFi Audio iPower 5V. P50 is well overpriced (I have one and I've wanted it because it looks really nice).
A50s is really nice amp.
Now that I look at my stack, I have more cables than I ever wanted to see so next time I'll buy all-in-one device (e.g. if Dx7Pro gets successor).
1. I wouldnt trust iFi
2. P50 would go with D50s AND A50s

So if you go for clean power take the P50 else use a phone charger which isnt 1$

max1236

Is it bad to keep the amp on all day? It just gets a bit warm and sometimes it doesnt. Probably has to do with windows.

mkawa

Forum Donor
I tend to leave mine on and it doesn’t get warm either in idle or playback. The case is a very solid chunk. Unless listening unbalanced I run in low gain though.

Overseas

Major Contributor
The new A50s on Amazon is accompanied by negative comments referring to old A50, which is not a service to anyone:

https://www.amazon.com/Topping-A50-Headphone-Amplifier-Silver/dp/B082MB4WFT?th=1
"The third con is the output impedance. at 4.7-ohm for the single-ended (3.5mm and 6.5mm) outputs and 9.4-ohm for the balanced output, it may result in the frequency response of your headphones changing. This will depend from headphone to headphone though, and the change might be pleasant or not"

Overseas

Major Contributor
I got my A50s today, dunno why I cannot upload photo ('too large').
Anyone pls confirm that power button has a loose 'click' position by default and not a fixed one?

Top Bottom