• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping a50s/d50s vs Schiit Magnius/Modius

mcthanhalds

Which would of the two stacks would you guys recommend/prefer? And Why? Thank you!

charleski

Major Contributor
I’ll bet cold hard cash that you wouldn’t hear any difference between them in a double-blind test.
So the real difference is warranty service, if you’re in the US or UK then Schiit has local support, whereas sending a faulty unit back to China can be costly. The Schiit stack can use balanced cables, but that’s unlikely to be a real issue in a domestic setting with short cables.
If you want to wave the flag (American or Chinese) then that might be a motivator as well.

Shazb0t

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would opt for the added versatility of having the balanced connections.

ReaderZ

A50s because it's SE performance isn't shit(Actually it's STOA), while balanced performance is also a bit better. DAC seems largely the same, so pick either. I don't believe being same brand make them work together any better.

Lupin

I don't believe being same brand make them work together any better.
I don't believe that either but personally I still try very hard to build my stack using the same brand from the same productline.
Technically it doesn't make sense but I like it when the components are the same size and have the same visual appearance to make it a good looking stack.

Top Bottom