• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So anybody got a A30pro yet or is this still a paper launch two month after Amir got his "Release sample"?

Mr:River

So anybody got a A30pro yet or is this still a paper launch two month after Amir got his "Release sample"?
Shenzhenaudio has 30 sales of each, joining the other stores, they must have already sold around 200 units, then the first ones to receive it with personal feedback appear.

1615735325467.png

bboris77

Perhaps it's taking a bit longer since they need to punch all those vent holes lol. Sorry, could not resist.

MiloTheFirst

This image was posted on Topping's Facebook page. Did they make a mistake?
pretty much, the image they have on Shenzhen stores since it's release has it right
1615742790538.png

it's alright, this sort of stuff happens to the best of us. even so, they might wan to fix asap

sssskenny

With the destroyer l30 by topping, i would probably wait at least a year to see if a30pro is also a protential iem destroyer before i buy it

raif71

Major Contributor
With the destroyer l30 by topping, i would probably wait at least a year to see if a30pro is also a protential iem destroyer before i buy it
I'm hopeful that lessons learnt from l30 will be incorporated into future topping products if it is applicable and relevant to be included. I mean not all designs are the same or similar as l30 but if it is, then Topping should incorporate such fixes into those products.

Last edited:

ninetylol

Still no A30pro seen in the real world. Shame on you Topping.

@amirm please dont review unreleased items in the future

KTN46

Still no A30pro seen in the real world. Shame on you Topping.

@amirm please dont review unreleased items in the future

Why not? It's not like Topping is going to turn around and... Unrelease the product. If anything Amir's doing us a favour by telling us if the product is worth considering before anyone has a chance to make the choice. Informing consumers isn't a bad thing.

ninetylol

Why not? It's not like Topping is going to turn around and... Unrelease the product. If anything Amir's doing us a favour by telling us if the product is worth considering before anyone has a chance to make the choice. Informing consumers isn't a bad thing.
I already mentioned why i think thats a bad idea.
1. No way the amp Amir got was a release candidate, but a prototype.
2. Free marketing and hype by Amir for a product which is not ready yet.
3. Preorders are a evil thing and have no advantage at all for the customer

KTN46

Point #3 I can contend with, but points #1 and #2 have no evidence (historical or otherwise) to really convince me.

lizhuoyin

Forum Donor
Or miss good deals of other products while expecting this (pre)released thing...

shinewu

Though A30Pro offers excellent performance even with single ended inputs/outputs. My understanding is that most DACs offer much higher voltages in balanced outputs, so to really achieve high power, we will still have to use balanced inputs on A30Pro, right?

jdizzle

how would the amp performance here differ with the dx7 pro.
D30 Pro + A30 Pro is about same price as dx7 pro. I'm interested in the dx7 pro cause it does have some nice features and i can have fewer things on my desk

ninetylol

how would the amp performance here differ with the dx7 pro.
D30 Pro + A30 Pro is about same price as dx7 pro. I'm interested in the dx7 pro cause it does have some nice features and i can have fewer things on my desk
Why not compare for yourself? Booth datasheets and reviews available. In short: dx7 pro amp part sux ass to this

Top Bottom