• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Tatteredmidnight

As someone who adores their DX3 Pro and the convenience of the 3.5 mm jack (never break one, but break a couple of MMCX connectors swapping cables), I definelty keep hope with what you said.

Even another 6.35 would be great too (one for IEMs with adapter and other for over-ears, even though the adapter was going to look ugly with the fantastic design of your products). :)

Keep it rocking!
Would this create a situation where people mistook the intention as supporting dual headphone outputs simultaneously? Many pro audio HPA’s are designed in this way (although usually with independent volume controls). I would make sure there is clear labeling on the device or an internal switch if this was implemented.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Would this create a situation where people mistook the intention as supporting dual headphone outputs simultaneously? Many pro audio HPA’s are designed in this way (although usually with independent volume controls). I would make sure there is clear labeling on the device or an internal switch if this was implemented.
You can use multiple headphones simultaneously. Paralleled impedance shouldn't be lower than 8ohm tho. In normal use, far from any issues.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Did some quick calcs for the unbalanced HP out:

300ohm @ 0.73W
14.8V
0.049A

33ohm @ 5.5W
13.5V
0.41A
A30pro actually outputs 16Vrms to 300Ohm before clipping. 840mW
The max power is at around 20Ohm, so 33Ohm is still somewhat voltage limited.
At 16Ohm it outputs 6W before clipping.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
A30pro actually outputs 16Vrms to 300Ohm before clipping. 840mW
The max power is at around 20Ohm, so 33Ohm is still somewhat voltage limited.
At 16Ohm it outputs 6W before clipping.

Was Amir thinking this was a balanced output so could generate 11 W ? Its 5.5/ 6 W , which is still ludicrously high!

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
All this time everyone has been raving about fully balanced HP amps. Seems it doesn't really matter. It's more about competent design.
Pretty much The point of balanced out is to give higher voltage output with lower supply voltages. A90 still has overall more power but A30pro has far more single ended power. It's a more compact package.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since my first purchase of a Topping NX4, I have yet to find a good value for performance company that delivers great product consistently like Topping. This amp is another product that meets all the needs of an enthusiast, with the performance to match. Price to performance ratio is tbd, but I don’t see it being unattainable. Great job @JohnYang1997 and the Topping team.
Time for me to sell the JDS atom amp and get this baby.

Top Bottom