• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
For everyone talking about the price, maybe it is because of USD dropped hard. I thought they would priced them $300 each, the real prices did surprised me, but when I recall USD dropped, everything makes sense. L30 and E30 also got more expensive too because of USD drop.

Veri

Master Contributor
For everyone talking about the price, maybe it is because of USD dropped hard. I thought they would priced them $300 each, the real prices did surprised me, but when I recall USD dropped, everything makes sense. L30 and E30 also got more expensive too because of USD drop.
My only qualm with that, EUR is very stable. Yet the USD prices are duplicated in EUR counterparts with no change to price. $350 should not be €350 then..

bigjacko

My only qualm with that, EUR is very stable. Yet the USD prices are duplicated in EUR counterparts with no change to price. $350 should not be €350 then..
Is the price set by Europe retails or topping official shop in Europe? I feel the same that the Euro price is too high in today's situation. See if some shops can reduce the price since the margin for them is still good enough...

raif71

Major Contributor
I am fascinated by the grille pattern on top of the A30 Pro ;) I haven't been able to find good pictures of it, but it seems asymmetrical and it almost resembles a message in Morse code. I wonder what inspired this design and I would be interested to know how Topping ensured the structural integrity of the casing with so many vent openings. I am assuming it is a fairly thick chunk of metal.

EDIT: Audiophonics has a much better photo of it.

View attachment 116203
1614940840212.png

Pattern like crop circles would be cool on the amp :)

jawbfl

Exactly, the L30/E30 price increase was in all currencies even GBP which was very strong in the past months, so it has nothing to do with USD nor global shortages nor shipping prices, if it was we would've seen the same from SMSL, GUSTARD, xDuoo and other Chinese brands. As I said previously my guess is Topping is trying to leave the budget-friendly shell behind, they know they can charge more now and they will unless something else changes. I'm sure they will lose market share in the US with this value proposition but internationally there is no fierce competition, hifi is on the rise now, that's capitalism for you love it or hate it.

FreaK

Too much for me. I was planing to replace my THX 789+La-qxd1 to the 30 Pro stack, but at this price point it won't happen :confused:

TabCam

European prices almost always include tax which amount to roughly 20% over here. Converting from USD to Euro including tax is even more, say €355 so €349 is more than OK In my book.

escalibur

I wish the price was $100 less. $350 is a bit too much in my opinion. Especially considering L30 and A90 pricing.

AntoniusRoses

Lol why people are so pissed, imo d30pro has an absolutely absurd pricing without any additional functionalities like BT and mqa, however I feel like 350~ish is a reasonable price range for a30pro. Compared to sh-9 it's less noisy(probably inaudible), tons more power(probably useless), has pass through(pretty decent if headphones alone can't satisfy you), aesthetically superior(silver shell option+asymmetrical holes) and 96dbs of dynamic range into iems(wow CD quality tho impractical). I honestly can't think of a comparable alternative at this price range, a30pro's performance and features totally justifies for itself.

liu

Come on mate.. I know we are all disappointed in the price, but random bashing like this is just sad.
I'm not disappointed by the price. I'm uncomfortable with the engineering.
Good products should be energy efficient.
Topping continuously ignore customers' requests, especially those from Europe users
--- previously, all their products consume higher than normal energy even in standby/sleep mode.
Now with A30Pro, its energy usage is on par with class A amplifiers.
This is just unacceptable.

ninetylol

I'm not disappointed by the price. I'm uncomfortable with the engineering.
Good products should be energy efficient.
Topping continuously ignore customers' requests, especially those from Europe users
--- previously, all their products consume higher than normal energy even in standby/sleep mode.
Now with A30Pro, its energy usage is on par with class A amplifiers.
This is just unacceptable.
The thing is most hardcore audiophiles want class A. See Zeos for example.

And speaking of the climate with a sub 9 watts device, when cryptomining farms exists, and corporations are responsible for 95% of climate waste is just a joke.

liu

People want 'Class A'. This amp is for them...
but what they are getting is not "authentic" class A, right?
for those hardcore audiophile people, they want to get something real.

jannek

I don't see where anything is stated that the amp is like Class A. The Topping page says "when headphone impedance is greater than 250 Ohms it will fully work in Class A operation".
Apart from that I also think that there are better things to save the climate with than quiescent current of a headphone amp.

liu

I don't see where anything is stated that the amp is like Class A. The Topping page says "when headphone impedance is greater than 250 Ohms it will fully work in Class A operation".
Apart from that I also think that there are better things to save the climate with than quiescent current of a headphone amp.
class a should referred by terms of topology. this amp's is clearly different from class a.

usern

Is it currently available only from shenzhenaudio.com?

Top Bottom