• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A30 pro - NEWS???

Lero

i wrote topping on facebook...
"Thank you for your attention to our products. These two products have not been finalized yet, so we don't have its price and time to market. Although everything is uncertain, we expect that the price of the two models will be higher than the D50s, and the time to market is temporarily set near New Year's Day. "

i wrote topping on facebook...
"Thank you for your attention to our products. These two products have not been finalized yet, so we don't have its price and time to market. Although everything is uncertain, we expect that the price of the two models will be higher than the D50s, and the time to market is temporarily set near New Year's Day. "

What's the second model mentioned along with the A30 Pro?

Veri

Master Contributor
Someone in E30 thread posted Wolf's measurements of the D30 pro: https://l7audiolab.net/f/measurements-of-topping-d30pro-dac/
Looks really really clean. But you quickly see a characteristic of the cirrus logic DAC chips. Noise shaping, pushing noise away from audible band:

xEz9K4A.jpg

I think this is fine for dongles.. but for a desktop DAC I feel more confident in ESS Sabre/AKM implementations, to be perfectly honest.
Still, very good performance, excellent SINAD. If it's priced low enough it will be killer ;)

raif71

Major Contributor
Looks really really clean. But you quickly see a characteristic of the cirrus logic DAC chips. Noise shaping, pushing noise away from audible band:

xEz9K4A.jpg

I think this is fine for dongles.. but for a desktop DAC I feel more confident in ESS Sabre/AKM implementations, to be perfectly honest.
Still, very good performance, excellent SINAD. If it's priced low enough it will be killer ;)
I hope it's priced less than 250 us dollars

Veri

Master Contributor

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning

xEz9K4A.jpg

Hi,

Does that mean that there will be no AK44xx and no ESS Sabre DAC inside this thing ?
Is that confirmed info ?

For TOTALLY UNRATIONAL REASONS, I tend to prefer DAC's with AK44xx chips. But if Cirrus has been chosen, I assume JohnYang1997 has good reasons for this choice.
So my only hope is to be surprised :)

Veri

Master Contributor
Hi,

Does that mean that there will be no AK44xx and no ESS Sabre DAC inside this thing ?
Is that confirmed info ?
The original D30 was also Cirrus Logic based ;) I think the 'Pro' is supposed to be an update of it. In any case, Wolf's measurements indicate Cirrus Logic CS4313-like filter behaviour. Unless they make changes in final production, that's going to be the chip used.

Last edited:
Reactions: trl

raif71

Major Contributor
So, will both dac and amp stack be out this year or in 2021?

Tks

Major Contributor
That screen size on the D30 Pro looking great!

Top Bottom