• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A30 & D30 pro vs. EX5 vs. Schiit Modi(us) & Magni(us)

Nago

So far I had my focus on headphones at the expense of my DAC & Amp setting. That has to be fixed now!

After hours of research (thanks Amir for the incredible reviews) I ended up with the following combos.

Topping A30 & D30 pro - 700$
Topping Ex5 - 320$
Schiit Modi(us) & Magni(us) - 200-400$

Does anyone know how much of a diference there is between them? Im especially curious about the A30 & D30 (are they worth the extra bucks?). I listen with a wide range of headphones such as a T5p, Akg K812 and Hifiman Sundara. Furthermore Ill maybe buy a Dan Clark Aeon RT.

Thanks alot in advance!

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I own DCA AEON 2 Noire's, HIFIMAN Sundaras and Sennheiser HD660S. As for amps, I have a Topping A30Pro, Topping A90 and Matrix Audio mini-i Pro 3. The DCA Noire's are the more power hungry headphones I own and even the mini-i Pro 3 struggles a bit if I want to play them loud. The A30Pro and A90 drive them effortless with spare headroom. The A90 gets signal from a Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 and the A30Pro from the mini-i Pro 3. Just because you are planning on getting the DCA AEON RT, I would strongly recommend you getting the A30Pro just for peace of mind.

IMG_8537.jpeg

OP
N

Nago

Fair enough. I'd probably upgrade it anyway after a few months/years. Thanks mate!

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So far I had my focus on headphones at the expense of my DAC & Amp setting. That has to be fixed now!

After hours of research (thanks Amir for the incredible reviews) I ended up with the following combos.

Topping A30 & D30 pro - 700$
Topping Ex5 - 320$
Schiit Modi(us) & Magni(us) - 200-400$

Does anyone know how much of a diference there is between them? Im especially curious about the A30 & D30 (are they worth the extra bucks?). I listen with a wide range of headphones such as a T5p, Akg K812 and Hifiman Sundara. Furthermore Ill maybe buy a Dan Clark Aeon RT.

Thanks alot in advance!
Try Topping E30/L30 and E50/L50 stacks

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Also note that unless you just can't stand the look of an unmatched stack, you don't necessarily need to spend $400 on a D30 Pro. A D10 Balanced might be just as good for your usage, since you don't need the volume control and high quality preamp section of the D30 Pro with just headphones.

Top Bottom