• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Top Information We Can All Use ... Now / Year 2020

onofno

In France a total of 127 people have died since the start of the coronavirus invasion.
Nothing compared to 65 million people...
I don't even understand why everything is bloqued but supermarkets, gas stations, pharmacies, etc...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I don't even understand why everything is bloqued but supermarkets, gas stations, pharmacies, etc...

Because somebody demanded The Government Do Something.

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
In France a total of 127 people have died since the start of the coronavirus invasion.
Nothing compared to 65 million people...

It's early, March 15, 2020 and also it's easily transmitted (human-to-human) and humans travel a lot. It is spreading exponentially globally and rather rapidly.
The number of deaths today represent roughly a rather large percentage level...dramatic.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

If say 50% of 7.8 billion people get infected by COVID-19 it's easy to do the math.

I'm from Canada and only one death so far, someone over 80.
Wait a month or two ...

The main thing is to not get where we are going to land.
So we block all avenues, wash our hands, stay home, discuss in our laptops, listen to music, and meditate (relax). ... Watch movies, comedies, documentaries, the news.

In the last 48 jours or so the numbers have catapult themselves into orbit.
In the next 48 hours strap yourself real tight.

Meanwhile ...

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Thousands (3,877) leave Miami cruise ship without screenings after former passenger had coronavirus

https://www.tampabay.com/news/healt...nings-after-former-passenger-had-coronavirus/

"The docking in Miami is a sharp contrast to the protocol in California, where a former passenger of the Grand Princess cruise ship tested positive for COVID-19 in early March after disembarking. In that case, the California health department and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tested 46 people on board while the ship and thousands of passengers and crew idled off the coast for three days; 21 tested positive, 19 of them crew. U.S. health authorities transferred people who needed medical care to local hospitals and all other American passengers to air force bases in California, Texas or Georgia for a two-week quarantine.

In the case of the Miami ship, MSC Meraviglia, no one on board was tested for COVID-19 and 3,877 passengers disembarked freely at PortMiami Sunday. Many went directly to Miami International Airport for flights home across the country."

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I intensely dislike the tactic of posting threads with no-information clickbait titles - even when the content is good.

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Tactic? No tactic. Only good info we can all use. No tic tac to, no po li tic.

Have a good day, stay safe, wash your hands, keep in touch with your loved ones, tell them you love them, in particular if they are over 70 or with respiratory issues, heart problems, lungs, high blood pressure, diabeteses, asthmatic, etc.

For more info visit WHO ...
https://www.who.int/

https://covid19info.live/

* You're always friendly like this? What do you like, Mexican tacos?

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I intensely dislike the tactic of posting threads with no-information clickbait titles - even when the content is good.
The tactic is hide it from the moderator that asked the member ( with very good reason) to stick to the audio side of things.

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Excuse me, I have to stick strictly with audio?
I posted a good article in this thread and it is now viewed as a tactic?

Hiding from the moderator, are you serious Thomas?
There is no tactic and no hiding here, Xulonn and Thomas.
You guys need to relax, particularly in these tough times for everyone.

PEACE

onofno

In Switzerland, our neighbors, 10th democracy (1st Norway) - where the lowest wage per month is 3500€ + double wage in december - they have decided to let their people do what they want. (Schools, museums, etc... are closed).
http://www.salaryexplorer.com/salary-survey.php?loc=210&loctype=1
1CHF = $1,016

Because we are mostly - probably all - men here, I post "I'm your man" from Leonard Cohen just to forget coronavirus during a few minutes.

Last edited:
OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor

You have hatred in your heart, the three people who thanked you have hatred in their heart. Those are tough times for all of us, it's not the time to hate right now.
Have a good day, stay safe, wash your hands often.

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
In Switzerland, our neighbors, 10th democracy (1st Norway) - where the lowest wage per month is 3500€ + double wage in december - they have decided to let their people do what they want. (Schools, museums, etc... are closed).
http://www.salaryexplorer.com/salary-survey.php?loc=210&loctype=1

Because we are mostly - probably all - men here, I post "I'm your man" from Leonard Cohen just to forget coronavirus during a few minutes.

It's a beautiful country with beautiful sceneries.
Banks are solid, like the mountains surrounding them.

Happy First Day of Spring!
google-doodle-spring-nh-2020.jpg

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Alrighty then...

Project much?

Would you please go stalk somewhere else; you're only looking for trouble.
We don't need trouble, we don't want trouble; there are plenty of other threads for you to go play with, so go play. If you have nothing good positive to say, you know what to do ...

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Would you please go stalk somewhere else; you're only looking for trouble.
We don't need trouble, we don't want trouble; there are plenty of other threads for you to go play with, so go play. If you have nothing good positive to say, you know what to do ...

So, me agreeing with another couple of long term members on one of their posts gets me accused of having hatred in my heart, and I'm the one without something positive to say?

Didn't this one start after you were banned from the other thread , because you just couldn't help but spew political shite?

I am getting it now...

Top Bottom