• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Top Engineered Brands

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If only there were not so ugly (all the Revel tower speakers are included in that comment). I wanted to go for a pair of f208 and I got a "naahhh" from my second half ... Ended up buying some KEF tower speaker.
That said, the moment I have a dedicated space for an actual listening/home office room, I think I'd go for a pair of Revel tower.
Perhaps oddly shaped towers don't suit you or your second half. The back half of the F208s take some getting used to IME.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think they're beautiful and would love to own a pair of 101e's. Maybe someday.

They practically reinvented the loudspeaker to make their omnidirectional design work. That is worthy of respect. I don't even know how their drivers work.

Pulsating orange slice made up of some foil-like sections.

NYfan2

Forum Donor
I think they're beautiful and would love to own a pair of 101e's. Maybe someday.

They practically reinvented the loudspeaker to make their omnidirectional design work. That is worthy of respect. I don't even know how their drivers work.

Here is a video:

And part 2:

Last edited:

Jukebox

Not a fan of how hand made things seem to be, with very little careful control. Seems like they would have problems with consistency with that lady just eyeballing and adjusting the driver spacing with a toothpick.
You are 100% correct, that's why they individually test (measure) every driver to perform as it should. Even the slightest inconsistency in the measured performance result in throwing the driver away. They are taking this very serious and offering in their products the best possible quality.
And this is how some lucky few can get amazing MBL drivers :)
P.S the weight of this unit is unbelievable

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-03-23 at 17.47.50.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-23 at 17.47.50.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 81

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I suspect that some of the most cutting-edge work is actually being done on the other end of the market, in mobile devices and Homepod-type speakers where size and cost are limited, competition is fierce, but company resources are vast.

cesare

Well they are completely full range, constant directivity, cardioid response, adjustable bass, built on tone and PEQ, drivers used within their pass band, can be placed close to walls, etc.
Keith
Which one is so complete?

bryanl9581

Forum Donor
Are there other speaker manufacturers not mentioned here that adhere to Harman/Toole principles? I did notice that the CSS Audio mentions Toole as an influence in their products which are separate drivers, completed speakers, and kits.

Top Bottom