• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Toole when drunk

Daverz

Major Contributor
I think there's some research being done in the beer thread.

Blaspheme

Years ago I recall being fascinated by photos of spiders spinning webs on various drugs. As I recall, the alcohol and amphetamine webs were a mess, the LSD webs were geometric masterpieces. I'm looking forward to the listening test videos.

OP
E

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Years ago I recall being fascinated by photos of spiders spinning webs on various drugs. As I recall, the alcohol and amphetamine webs were a mess, the LSD webs were geometric masterpieces. I'm looking forward to the listening test videos.

Please accept a wobbly welcome to the site!

Blaspheme

Thank you!

Loathecliff

From "single invariant numbers" (last Sunday) to "LSD webs were geometric masterpieces".

It's rare for me to hit a 'Follow' button, but here we go in 'Whatever next?!' mode:cool:

egellings

Major Contributor
As a moderate beer drinker, I could swear the system sounds better when a beer buzz in effect. The difference seems to be in the so-called imaging, rather than tone quality.

Honken

I find that music is more enjoyable when I'm in a good mood. If spirits... lift my spirits, I find music to sound more enjoyable.

Objectively though, I find myself cranking the volume when I'm not sober. Sober me then have to turn it down for music to be enjoyable again.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
In order of preference for listening to music I’d choose mushrooms first as watching sound emanate from the speakers and travel around the room is pretty cool, mdma second but preferably in a club/festival with a well setup sound system such as funktion-one, or if the mdma is particularly decent I’m quite happy listening to the sound of my washing machine with occasional thumps from my tumble dryer o_O, lsd third but that’s purely because I tend to go for a wander on lsd and forget what I was doing in the first place, weed/alcohol fourth because they’re nothing special unless it’s a cerebral sativa or a nice lump of temple ball (probably easier to source unicorn poo than genuine nepali temple ball).

Last edited:

Blaspheme

From "single invariant numbers" (last Sunday) to "LSD webs were geometric masterpieces".

It's rare for me to hit a 'Follow' button, but here we go in 'Whatever next?!' mode:cool:
A friend—wiser than me—once advised "pace yourself, don't peak early". I didn't listen, but should have.

Top Bottom