• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tonewinner amps

Loathecliff

Link?

'Tonewinner', a name that could have been used for a Dansette or Binatone product.

Last edited:

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I was looking at these and the possibility of testing one crossed my mind because those VU meters are awesome while also keeping AGAIK some originality.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
They've been mentioned a few times in other threads as the likely OEM for several manufacturers.

OP
P

pras1011

I wanted to get nord class d but they are very expensive. The xpa gen 3 looks good but the specs are not as good as the hypex nc502mp.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
None of the Chinese brands seem to be using Hypex or Purifi. Some Emotivas (I know, not a Chinese brand) use IcePower. I might accept IcePower performance to get a nice meter, depending on price. At some point you can just put Hypex modules in one of the really nice Chinese Accuphase clone cases, which I have also considered. I don't really like amps without meters. If I were to get some, it would probably be a pair of Schiit Vidars, or Benchmark, but I don't see the point if they lack good meters. Might as well keep running my tube gear or Marantz 22XX series stuff since it looks cooler.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Nope. I ended up going with dual Hypex NC500MP in a nice Chinese case, but it is still a work in progress.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Tonewinner is now distributed by Audiophonics:

SdeGat

using AD 2500 in stereo, so far so good, don't know why some of my friends say its garbage even though they have not listened to it, If this can be reviewed by ASR it be great https://www.summithifi.com/products/ad-2500-power-amplifier
Thanks
Seems like any Chinese gear has a preconceived bad perception probably based on the early days when everything was actually pretty cheaply made. I think Chinese manufacturers have a wider range of quality these days. I’ve had my AD-2500 for over a year now and it has been great.

Top Bottom