• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tonearm cable advice

Tom C

Major Contributor
Are you replacing an existing cable? If so, what’s in the now, and what problems are you wanting to solve?

OP
M

MrOtto

It's a 40 year old cable with loose RCA plugs I'm looking to replace.

Tom C

Major Contributor
Please understand, I’m not the expert source you’d probably like to hear from here. But until someone like that comes along to answer, I’ll give my 2 cents.
It sounds like the existing cable gave forty years of acceptable service. That’s about as much as a person can ask. You know that the type that was in there worked with everything else you have (tonearm’s design, cartridge type, phono stage, etc.) so unless there’s a particular problem you’d like to solve, my own inclination wold be to replace it with something that is as close to the existing cable as is possible to find.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You need just the rca cable or tonearm cabling?

OP
M

MrOtto

Not cables for the headshell, but the complete cable from the tonearm plug (DIN) to the amplifier (RCA).

OP
M

MrOtto

Thanks. I have looked on that page. Seems like the right place. Also Blue Jeans Cables could make one using BJC MSA-1 cable.

deniall83

Just get a Blue Jeans LC-1 with ground lead. You don’t need anything else. They can do din connections too if you want them.

Top Bottom