• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tom Danley’s new ‘Hyperion’

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
But that's not a high-frequency horn ;)

I'm talking about that tiny horn on the coaxial. That's just no good for pattern control, and it shows in the off-axis measurements.

Yes, I'm already well aware of the limitation of the small horn mounted on the center of the woofer. This is not something I'm personally all that worried about -- I already foresaw fellow audiophiles foaming in the mouth due to the "small" horn size.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
With class D amplification being so cheap, hearing loss isn't nearly the barrier it once was
I remember running one of those on-line hearing tests through a system, got to a point where I couldn’t hear anything turned the volume up still nothing but the ( young then) kids ran into the room with their hands over their ears.
Oh to be young again.
Keith

Top Bottom