• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Todays way to go for Dolby Atmos Preamp

rvsixer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
And you dont get the distortion of the power amp section so you can drive them with higher voltage as 1,2 volts with low distortion
I wonder if channels manually disconnected, will have the same full 4V before clipping output that the LR reassigned amps do.

And yes I would like a copy of the X3600H analog block diagram please :) .

taylorsnorma

Dolby Atmos is making its way from expert film cinemas to home theaters in a ramification of different products. If you are seeking out something a touch higher overall performance than an all-in-one receiver, you'll likely want to do not forget a Dolby Atmos-enabled preamp/processor.

Preamp/processors are the brains behind any high-stop domestic theater system. They're just like A/V receivers in that they offer supply switching and deciphering of all of the numerous surround sound codecs in addition to audio and video processing and quantity manipulate. But unlike receivers, preamp/processors have no built-in amplification. In order to preserve the high-quality sound quality, preamp/processors encompass most effective low current circuitry and processors. By housing the electricity amplifiers in a separate field (or more than one packing containers), noise and interference between additives is minimized, leading to the best feasible sonic performance.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Preamp/processors are the brains behind any high-stop domestic theater system. They're just like A/V receivers in that they offer supply switching and deciphering of all of the numerous surround sound codecs in addition to audio and video processing and quantity manipulate.
Thanks for the info.
You might take the time to actually read thru this thread and learn a bit on the subject yourself. ;)

Andysu

Major Contributor
cheap dolby cp850 atmos on ebay £5.9k £7.2k the catch is , they are ( based ) meaning they only do i guess (4.2.4 ?) 5.1 / 7.1 surround . to make it fully substandard atmos with 16channels (mind you my CB radio has more channels than that) you need register and pay dolby labs a high premium fee to get the dolby atmos key to unlocking it . if you wanted the over 100 channels (even thou still my CB radio still has more channels) you also need a box that connects to the cp850 to expand the channels or this "mapping" yet it won't lead you to x where the buried treasure is unfortunately so dolby labs make a pot in the treasure . and you then need remote software to play it like a cheap saga video game with 3d objects moving around on the screen . and don't forget most some dolby atmos movies are rubbish with use of overheads or artistic mixing so it sort of does have a catch and would soon equal price of trinnov even then the seller is selling them cheaply .

cheapest dolby cp850 i seen was few years ago , ebay that may been ( core ) two of them removed from liquidated dubbing stage with mixing consoles the whole lot . they each was $1.5k .

cp850.jpg

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello everybody,

im searchin the internet for some days to find an affordable way to get the goal i want.
The goal is to get a surround implementation for dolby format processing.
I use several amps for each speakers in my system and im testing around them.
I want to do:
Media Player, Smart TV, PC or anything to get a movie etc. in dolby format to a processor.
This processor only need to provide the needed channels. I found nothing to do this digital for after multichannel conversation.
So a preamp with a very nice dac is needed. At any reviews i readed here any avr which provides preamp outs the measurements are very bad.
For Stereo Applications i can take other ways so its not important. I can use switches to choose the correct signal way i want.

The only unit i found which nearly do the thing i want is the mini dsp nanoavr. But i found nothing about dolby atmos or anything. I think it will not provided through pcm right??

So is here any product which is good to get this working? Im very thankful for clearance.
Sorry for my bad english. Im from germany :D

Greetings to all!!
You are not a typical consumer. Your only hope is an AVP with digital outputs. They are very expensive. Then again a Dolby Processor is also very expensive.

Top Bottom