• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tired of Internet Searches - 2 pin cables

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm clearly in a super-minority of users of 2 pin ear phones. After getting a pair of Blon in-ear phones, the cable sucks PLUS it's not long enough (1.2 meters / ~ 48"). I don't listen via a phone, but via my DAC's, and while they're only about 36" away, the cable length is too short if you move around a bit.

Worse yet, the cables are more expensive than the ear phones. I paid $37 for my Blon's and they came with a cable, yet cables seem to be $20 for cheap ones, working their way into the hundreds.

I simply can't find a 60" or longer 2 pin cable under $40. If anyone can link to one, please let me know.

Timbo2

If you can make do with the stock cable, but the length is the major issue how about a cheap extension cable.

Obviously if the stock cable is uncomfortable or microphonic I understand why that won't work.

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If you can make do with the stock cable, but the length is the major issue how about a cheap extension cable.

Obviously if the stock cable is uncomfortable or microphonic I understand why that won't work.
Why didn't I think of this?

Hemi-Demon

Most of the chinese built iems, use the 2 pin jacks, and unfortunately the standard iem cable length is set to 48". You can order a custom length from LQi or Arctic cables, in the US, but they are more expensive than your iems. Other than that you have to order custom from overseas off ebay, there are tons of sellers that will customize the length and keep costs under $50.

Top Bottom