• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tips for upgrading my computer

Fernando189

Hola buenas tardes, busco sugerencias para cambiar mi equipo actual:

-Schiit herejía
-Relleno E30

La idea es cambiarlo por un dispositivo que tenga amplificador integrado y dac, actualmente uso un sennheiser hd6xx. Tengo un presupuesto de $500. He visto los siguientes modelos:

-Topping ex5
-Superando dx5

la pregunta son:

1-¿Son buenos reemplazos para mi equipo actual?
2-se justifica la diferencia de ir por el dx5 en lugar del ex5?
3-Hay otra alternativa a los modelos que ya buscaba?

Gracias de antemano por la ayuda, perdon si hay alguna parte que no se entienda, el ingles no es mi idioma nativo

Last edited:
OP
F

Fernando189

What exactly are you hoping to gain from this - just "fewer boxes"? Most anything can accommodate a HD6xx, do you have any plans for any other headphones to be added?

BTW, did you mean the Topping E30 (which is a DAC, unlike the L30)? If so, that would be a very capable combo as-is.
usually move the amp and dac to different spaces, that's why I thought it would be a good idea to transport them easier one that is integrated and if in the change I can get an audible improvement it would be a plus, you're right it's the e30

RandomEar

usually move the amp and dac to different spaces, that's why I thought it would be a good idea to transport them easier one that is integrated and if in the change I can get an audible improvement it would be a plus, you're right it's the e30
I quickly glanced over the reviews (E30, Heresy) and I have to say: I don't think there's anything to be gained anymore, concerning sound. Your setup should be transparent as is. Unless you actually need more power in the HP-amp, I see no reason to upgrade based on sound quality. There's other reasons, like getting a more compact device, getting an integrated EQ, or combatting ground loops or such. But I wouldn't expect any audible improvements.

Reactions: jae
OP
F

Fernando189

I quickly glanced over the reviews (E30, Heresy) and I have to say: I don't think there's anything to be gained anymore, concerning sound. Your setup should be transparent as is. Unless you actually need more power in the HP-amp, I see no reason to upgrade based on sound quality. There's other reasons, like getting a more compact device, getting an integrated EQ, or combatting ground loops or such. But I wouldn't expect any audible improvements.
the idea more than anything is to have everything in one for a mobility issue, what if it happened to me in several songs is to move the heresy knob to the maximum to listen well to some songs, I don't know if it is due to a power limitation of the schiit or something that is configuring wrong

Top Bottom