• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Time to upgrade my Onkyo TXNR 727?

cujou2

Hi. I thinking about new AV receiver. My setup is Wharfedale Diamond 10.7+ 10.CS + 10.1 and SW is BK elec Double Gem. Maybe I can add some height speakers but definitely want use Bi-amp like now...
Is it worth change my Onkyo for Denon 3800h? It's price is 1200euro. Or Marantz 7015? I hope for better room correction, because I think that my bass are not ideal. So Audyssey XT32 with app can be better. Or Onkyo RZ50? What do u think? Will be this receiver better in term of sound than my Old Onkyo? I have truntable, listen Tidal Hifi, but mostly movies through Sony Oled 65A83k and Blu-ray rips and streams....
Thank u and sorry for my English. Iam from Czech Republic:)

Golfx

Forum Donor
Good day and welcome.

Regarding “sound improvement” this is really limited by your speakers. Take a minute to reflect on that. There would be no audible difference between the three AVRs. Bi-amping on the same AVR still pulls power from the same internal transformer so will also be almost in audible in an improvement.

So with that in mind, you should purchase AVRs for their features and then brand reliability. I also use professional reviews like you would read here on this website.

Instead of bi-amping, if you wanted to increase power you can add an external amplifier (maybe for just your LR towers) using the Pre-outs from the Denon. The new Denon will also allow you to disconnect the internal amps from the pre-outs for improved SINAD (which would likely be an inaudible improvement). But, this would leave more power available from the Denon’s transformer for the remaining internal amps.

OP
C

cujou2

Thanks.
I think i read all possible reviews... :)
So if I don't need HDMI 2.1 and others new features, maybe I don't need new AVR..... Maybe that room correction have big reason for upgrade? But someone prefer Audyssey and someone Dirac :)

Golfx

Forum Donor
Thanks.
I think i read all possible reviews... :)
So if I don't need HDMI 2.1 and others new features, maybe I don't need new AVR..... Maybe that room correction have big reason for upgrade? But someone prefer Audyssey and someone Dirac :)
You have a desire to upgrade something. We have all been there—believe me. With Denon you will have both options of room correction—audyssey and dirac (extra cost). You mentioned adding height speakers. If you mean atmos, most people recommend adding at least two sets—one for front and one for middle or rear.

OP
C

cujou2

Yes. Thinking about that heights, front is ease to install but middle or rear will be harder...
So to me looks like Denon 3800h will be best I think.... Denon 4700h have now same DAC and is pricier...... And Onkyo.... I don't know... The price is bigger but with warranty in my Country. (That Denon 3800h price is from Netherlands, in my country it's 1700euro vs 1200 in Netherland, Onkyo price is 1550Euro in Czechia....) I don't know why is Onky so large. Now I have my center speaker put on my onkyo because there is no heating. But Can I put that center straight on Denon too?

Golfx

Forum Donor
Your center speaker will be fine on the denon

Top Bottom