• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Time to Review Ethernet Switches and Cables?

DownUnderGazza

Forum Donor
They make no difference, which is obvious to anyone with any technical understanding of Ethernet. Amir has even tested one of these devices to prove it.

Yep, what he said...

Look I get it, for anyone used to being swayed by subjectivist 'experts', it's a major brain re-wiring exercise to to get your head around how wrong so many were, and how simple and right the truth is. But trust us, the truth is here, it is abundant and it is provably correct - EVERY TIME.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Funny we push Gigs/s over ethernet without an error. Couse they get corrected. Wonder if a corrected bit sounds different? ; )

Sure. Darker. Which is understandable since he has just been reprimanded.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Audiophile Ethernet land set is made of two subsets: predators (also called crooks) and prey (also called idiots). Occasionally, the subsets intersect, and a hybrid appears. H.B. is one of those.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
When I get time I will download Hans video and respond to it point by point. He's left some major logic holes.

A hole is defined by a surround. I can't find a surround. Let's say there are so many holes you can easely say it's nothing.

Costas EAR

Forum Donor
I wonder if i could get some cash back by using these supernatural ethernet cables and switches with my e-banking transactions.

Any experience with that please?

271774_c6ebba867f619d144dbf503f3d360fb0.gif

adc

This doesn't deserve any debate. My advise is: once you see a Hans Beekhuyzen's video around, just save your time and don't watch it at all...

+1.

I'm reminded of the suit in Private Parts who said (roughly): "The number one reason given by Howard Stern fans for why they listen: they want to hear what he'll say next. The number one reason given by people who don't like Howard Stern for why they listen: they want to hear what he'll say next."

The unfortunate thing about the internet is that every click on his stuff probably makes him money. The whole system is set up to reward controversy, not to inform. I wonder how many nickels this thread has earned him? ;)

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don’t think more tests on these scam products are needed. The small representative selection already tested do tell the whole story.
Better to spend the time on testing speakers .

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

andymok

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you wanna get into AoIP, you should look up AES67 and Ravenna

If you care to read the papers and publications, it all boils down to 3 things only, PTPv2, multicast and QoS. And that is how up-to 64ch. DSD 512 / PCM 384/24 work in studios and TV stations, running on a switch like Dell 2808 or Cisco SG350/300 and no name Cat.6 cables.

So if there's any magic happen, it's on the protocol. For playback, meh.

Not to mention the layer 1 stuff, Ethernet transformer, balanced differential signaling .......
And if something's wrong, it glitches and somebody in the studio is gonna give you a call.

Last edited:

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does he give incorrect info, or promote his own products? I have seen only one review.

He very much gives incorrect information. At least he doesn't do it out of duplicity like I think Darko does, but out of sheer ignorance.

His video "The Sound of Ethernet Switches" was so grossly misinformed that I was compelled create a response video to dispel the smell of bullshit.

Habu

Netgear GSS108E or GSS116E Click Switches
Power and cables on the same side, small form factor, multiple mounting options.
You can set the activity LEDs to Off with the interface (only one power led still on)

92012F57-98A0-4C53-80C7-BDCE7012E384.png

D6081FFE-F7C5-43A8-AB7D-2AD3E5AB8753.jpeg

EE82B780-1B1A-4091-B2B2-803922D7A76D.jpeg
8126CC3A-3FF5-4FD6-B3AA-E2641BD207EB.png

Last edited:

mansr

Major Contributor
He very much gives incorrect information. At least he doesn't do it out of duplicity like I think Darko does, but out of sheer ignorance.
What about that price list of his someone posted on CA back when such things were allowed there?

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What about that price list of his someone posted on CA back when such things were allowed there?

Totally don't know what you're talking about on that one. You have a link?

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Lol, you made an equally long video. I will watch it tomorrow - so that I will gain sone knowledge. But sir, how does he have 50k followers? So many folks will be misinformed, in that case. It is kind of sad.

One of the few things I'm certain of in this life is that the majority of people lack critical thinking skills.

Top Bottom