• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Time between posts

Digby

Major Contributor
Is it my imagination or has the time to wait between posting gone up. I keep on being told to wait another x seconds, I feel a little like I'm back at school...

Does the time have to be so long, has spam got that bad recently?

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Is it my imagination or has the time to wait between posting gone up. I keep on being told to wait another x seconds, I feel a little like I'm back at school...

Does the time have to be so long, has spam got that bad recently?
I have noticed the time limitation, too.
Can you post a screenshot please? I am not aware of any time limitations for posting except for new members under a dozen post count. This filter should not be affecting either of you.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you post a screenshot please? I am not aware of any time limitations for posting except for new members under a dozen post count. This filter should not be affecting either of you. @amirm do you have any idea why this would be happening?
I havent rapid posted for a while but it has always had an x second delay for me. Can't post 2 quick replies back to back.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I keep on being told to wait another x seconds

Occasionally I'll get a number, not "x".

I figure it's maybe a couple of minutes timeout between posts, at most.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Test

1669671131007.png

No biggie.

AdamG

Forum Donor

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Maybe it is three minutes.

Maybe it goes up with more posts attempted.

1669671319864.png

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Probably not more than two by the timestamps above

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
You can edit a new post without a delay.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Can you post a screenshot please? I am not aware of any time limitations for posting except for new members under a dozen post count. This filter should not be affecting either of you. @amirm do you have any idea why this would be happening?
I've noticed this, too... Usually when replying to another post that was just posted. Seems like it wants you to wait almost a minute.

AdamG

Forum Donor
I've noticed this, too... Usually when replying to another post that was just posted. Seems like it wants you to wait almost a minute.
Assuming that this is designed to jam up the auto text bots. I see the value for this. We did experience a very talented Bot who would make new accounts. Normally in the wee hours of the night/morning and then start dropping dozens and dozens of spam posts. That has since stopped and I suspect that this egg timer setting was in response to this disruptive activity. Shame we have to implement filters like this. But people try to take advantage of any and everything.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Assuming that this is designed to jam up the auto text bots. I see the value for this. We did experience a very talented Bot who would make new accounts. Normally in the wee hours of the night/morning and then start dropping dozens and dozens of spam posts. That has since stopped and I suspect that this egg timer setting was in response to this disruptive activity. Shame we have to implement filters like this. But people try to take advantage of any and everything.
This is becoming a pain in the derrière. Seems to be of the order of 3 or more minutes at the moment. Is it getting longer?

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 22.54.02.png

OP
D

Digby

Major Contributor
This is becoming a pain in the derrière. Seems to be of the order of 3 or more minutes at the moment. Is it getting longer?

View attachment 248023
Yep, I'm getting you must wait 140 odd seconds sometimes too. I jump from one thread to the other, trying post probably within about a minute each time. I imagine this is making me seem like a potential bot? Maybe a captcha would help here, so I can prove my sentience to the forum!

I had to wait 46 seconds before posting in this thread too :rolleyes:

OP
D

Digby

Major Contributor
Maybe a captcha would help here, so I can prove my sentience to the forum!
On second thoughts, maybe anyone over 200 posts could be exempt from this? That and a captcha for users with fewer than 200 posts...just some ideas.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
It's completely out of hand. Trouble is, you can lose an entire draft, even if you save it due to going off, doing something else and coming back. The 2+ minute timer thing is crazy.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Is it getting longer?

Appears to be getting longer. It's a great way to discourage us from posting.

At first, I thought I was being punished when it first happened. Well, I must be really naughty as the timer was above 2 minutes.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I just wait a few minutes... this has been happening for quite some time and have seen times up to 2 minutes.
In the meantime I open another window and do some other stuff.
Annoying perhaps but it is what it is.
A safeguard for people reacting too quickly directly after a post was made.

Top Bottom