• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tiktok Support Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What a great first post. ‍:facepalm:
Whenever Tiktok is mentioned on forums it seems to attract that kind of stuff. Bots?

Shorty

Our host sadly has no moral objections to embed links to an app controlled and exploited by a totalitarian state. To quote: “There are a lot of useful short videos there. A side of us will always be about other things in life so I don't see issue with supporting someone wanting to post a ticktok.” Or maybe Amir agrees with people like member Katji (he/she with the red star in his picture) that all what we now know about the dirty secrets of TikTok is purely ”American disinformation”.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Our host sadly has no moral objections to embed links to an app controlled and exploited by a totalitarian state. To quote: “There are a lot of useful short videos there. A side of us will always be about other things in life so I don't see issue with supporting someone wanting to post a ticktok.” Or maybe Amir agrees with people like member Katji (he/she with the red star in his picture) that all what we now know about the dirty secrets of TikTok is purely ”American disinformation”.
While I'll admit our government is not afraid to spin things (sometimes a lot), the CCP is pretty transparent about their aspirations, and unscrupulous about their methods. The CCP "police stations" showing up all over the world is a shining example.

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
there are legitimate privacy concerns around TikTok and its parent company.
There are legitimate privacy concerns about YouTube and Google's parent company Alphabet, Instagram and Facebook's parent company Meta as well as pretty much any other ad-driven social media site. Such is the way of the interwebs anno 2022. But with sensible 'digital hygeine' one can protect one's self well enough from the worst of it ...

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Amir did this at the request and behest of the Membership. I highly doubt that he gave it much thought and certainly didn’t evaluate any political views. We don’t permit political content conversations here period. So please cease with this line of conversation and trying to link Amir’s decision as political is disingenuous. His motives were to make something work because the members requested it. No more no less. Let’s move along please and no more politics here. We are an Audio enthusiast site and have no political agenda whatsoever. Thank you for your understanding and support.

voinicel

seriously, what's wrong with tiktok until you watch only videos you want/need?
I have saved so much woodworking tips there

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
This was simply a member support announcement and not an open conversation for certain new members to drop links to commercial “LIKE” buying services! Thread closed. Dropping links like this here will earn your account a swift closure. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom