• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tiktok Support Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Just created a custom handler to to embed tiktok videos. To use, use the share icon in Tiktok, and select "copy link." Then just paste it in your message or use the media button in the toolbar.

https://www.tiktok.com/video/6989884244348701958

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Damn I thought we were going to talk WOODWORKING. ;)

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I think the Tiktok embed needs to be tweaked a bit. Right now it links to the person who made the video, video tags and the song used. It doesn't really embed to the video itself.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the Tiktok embed needs to be tweaked a bit. Right now it links to the person who made the video, video tags and the song used. It doesn't really embed to the video itself.
Works fine here, I could watch the linked video.

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
Works fine here, I could watch the linked video.
In that instance yeah but somebody that links to major song, you'll see hundreds of different videos.

Katji

Major Contributor
! Great!

Please add Bandcamp if not too much hassle,
and change Soundcloud parameters to use a smaller size that does not stuff up the cover art. [I think there are 4 options, other 3 are all more suitable than the huge one.]

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not to give anyone a hard day ... but:

Screw TikTok, screw the CCP which calls the shots at 抖音 and screw their anti democracy censorship.

TikTok's censorship policy has been criticized as non-transparent. Criticism of leaders such as Xi Jinping, Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump, Barack Obama, Mahatma Gandhi and Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has been suppressed by the platform, as well as information relating to the Xinjiang internment camps and the abuse of Uyghurs in the region. Internal documents have revealed that moderators suppress posts created by users deemed "too ugly, poor, or disabled" for the platform, and censor political speech in livestreams.

Also, screw them for collecting all kinds of data, from fingerprints, faceprints and voiceprints to WLAN accesspoint names in combination with your name, email and phone number. A Bytedance whistleblower said Bytedance creates dossiers about TikTok users in the west in the hopes to gain Kompromat (basically fishing for dicpics of your kids, to use against them in the future, should they become important).

I recommend to delete that crap from your phone, from this forum, from your family devices and speak up everywhere you encounter it.

Katji

Major Contributor
A Bytedance whistleblower said Bytedance creates dossiers about TikTok users in the west in the hopes to gain Kompromat (basically fishing for dicpics of your kids, to use against them in the future, should they become important).
American disinformation.

EB1000

Why? It took me 6 month to convince my 10 yo daughter to quit tiktok... Whenever I get curious about all the garbage I'm missing on that communists' platform, I watch Ben Shapiro's insane tiktok reactions videos...

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
You could always join the ifunny.co team. Memes from Tik Tok are funny but Tik Tok itself is garbage.

Edit: I think it was funny when LiveLeak was on that list, I guess ASR used to love beheading videos.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Edit: I think it was funny when LiveLeak was on that list, I guess ASR used to love beheading videos.
It came that way from our platform provider. I learned just yesterday what it was.

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
It came that way from our platform provider. I learned just yesterday what it was.
I guess your pretty lucky to not know what that was before lol

Katji

Major Contributor
The Tiktok embed, in my opinion, has to be somewhat modified. The song utilized, the creator of the video, and other information are currently linked. The video itself isn't really embedded.
I think i've never seen it embedded anywhere. ...The links there work, as intended, I think.

btw, it's pissed me off the last couple days. I hadn't logged in for about >4 weeks, login process changed - pop-up dialog to select the method, select phone/email option, it defaults to phone and you have to click a link (no button) to switch it to email, then after entering login details it slowly loads a Captcha type puzzle but now it's a circular image that looks like it has to be rotated, but it's dead/ no response to mouse or finger. So I googled it and google just turn up a lot of nonsense, even with very specific search parameters. like it's censored.
I can use it, and search, but no login.

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I don't use or support Tiktok and I never will. Of course the decision is up to Amir, but I did not join ASR for fancy videos but for the facts and figures (and an opinion here and there......).

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I don't use tiktok but watch Youtube shorts. There are a lot of useful short videos there. A side of us will always be about other things in life so I don't see issue with supporting someone wanting to post a ticktok.

gwele

Great feature! I am sure many people would use it since more and more content appears on tiktok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom