• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tidal reportedly enabling bit-perfect playback to USB DAC on Android

Mad Mike

Samsung S9+ and Monolith Dongle does not work. Tidal recognizes dac but if you select OK to allow Tidal to take control, it crashes app and any other app using audio like YouTube. Have to restart phone. Back to UAPP....sigh....

Jet Black

Samsung S9+ and Monolith Dongle does not work. Tidal recognizes dac but if you select OK to allow Tidal to take control, it crashes app and any other app using audio like YouTube. Have to restart phone. Back to UAPP....sigh....
We could just all wait for the next tidal version update and wish they fix the issue. But there is alot of dongles dacs/desktop dacs to consider I hope they sort it all well. And I hope they provide support to for non mqa dac devices so it could cater it all. Not all wants a full mqa decode, just bit perfect playing is enough for us.

artsky

Yes, thus for the meantime, I just enjoy Tidal using ifi hipdac on my windows PC while waiting.

Dosix97

Hello I have information for us
Adapter Shanling ua2.
Phone Op9
Tidal wants access to the device but it is still 44.1 or 44.8 (it is difficult to determine on this device because these two samplings have the same colors above is different)
UAPP there everything works normally according to the sampling that the material has and also wants permissions for this device and there it works

the Same transducer
Phone: nokia 7.2
PływowyTidal does not want permissions to the device but here it is more strange because every sound or YT or notifications from meesenger play in 96
NaUAPP by transducer is about 96 means for 96, 44.1 means 44.1. However, I changed not to move it through the converter only through the stack android (what's more, I marked that it was always 44.1 in the settings) does not change anything android throws 96.
With this phone that the middle shelf I suddenly stupid

Tks

Major Contributor
I'd much rather they reportedly dump MQA's dumb ass.

OP
B

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd much rather they reportedly dump MQA's dumb ass.
It's not relevant to this thread. Id rather keep the religious debates out of the discussion. More choices are better. As others have mentioned USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO works in cases where the tidal app does not. To me thats the relevant comparison. If uapp works with the dongle DAC of choice then Tidal should be able to work it out.

Tks

Major Contributor
It's not relevant to this thread. Id rather keep the religious debates out of the discussion. More choices are better. As others have mentioned USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO works in cases where the tidal app does not. To me thats the relevant comparison. If uapp works with the dongle DAC of choice then Tidal should be able to work it out.
We have wasted enamle over this. MQA doesnt bring choice, Tidals lossless catalogue has been shown to be replaced with MQA releases.

I get you want choice, but not at this cost to potentially remving the best choice on the other side of the equation.

Jet Black

Ok guys pls stick to the topic. It's about tidal giving us the option to do bit perfect playing. All mqa debates has its own thread topic and can be discussed on there. Let's keep it clean and direct. Mqa discussion is too much already, everybody should move on.

All we wanted is bit perfect playing on Android without 3rd party app like uapp. I hope tidal nails it.

Jet Black

Okay i tried the latest 2.44 version still no fix.
It still won't detect my USB dongle. The program still continues to stall and hang, so just click cancel and it will run any undetected dongle.

OP
B

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay i tried the latest 2.44 version still no fix.
It still won't detect my USB dongle. The program still continues to stall and hang, so just click cancel and it will run any undetected dongle.
Thanks so it looks like there is an issue with the app crashing in some cases. version 2.43 is the latest I see on the Google Appstore so I can't test 2.44 yet.

Last edited:

alpha1201

Hi!, i've tested an ibasso DC-03 with a samsung galaxy s20+
tidal crashes if i accept the usb dac prompt, it works if i cancel
UAPP app works fine

tidal app version 2.44

OP
B

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry to hear it's crashing for you as well as all the others.

Jet Black

Hi!, i've tested an ibasso DC-03 with a samsung galaxy s20+
tidal crashes if i accept the usb dac prompt, it works if i cancel
UAPP app works fine

tidal app version 2.44
We have the same result, im using my dc03 on a xiaomi redmi note 7 pro. I always cancel it so as not to crash /hang/ stall the tidal app. I hope they fix it on future updates

Danjen22

Hiby fc3 works on my LG V50 but I prefer using the meridian tuned internal DAC with UAPP for sound quality.

artsky

Wow, finally version 2.45.0 is working with my Mi Note 10 lite and ifi hip DAC! MQA is directly passed from the Tidal app thus I get magenta color! I have UAAP but prefer the native Tidal app.

Last edited:
OP
B

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's great news! Will post that the new app version fixed your issue on the first post.

For people who have seen the app crash with their combination on previous app versions please report on whether the new app version fixed your crashing issues or not.

Dosix97

Updating the Samsung s21 plus Tidal app with this adapter works normally. Bit perfect working

I don't understand anything

Jet Black

Ibasso dc03 and xiaomi redmi note 7 pro still not working on the latest tidal 2.45. It still hangs and crashes

artsky

Tidal Version: 2.45.0.1041.3497
Mi Note 10 lite
ifi Hip DAC
tidal.jpg

Top Bottom