• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tidal Connect on Windows 10 - Not Working For Anyone Else?

This is not a major problem, I'm really just wondering if I'm the only one having it. I use Tidal and Spotify on my Android phone, my Windows 10 laptop, and my Node 2i streamer. The Spotify Connect functionality is pretty much flawless - I can send my session from any of those three devices, TO any of those three devices. The Tidal implementation seems way more buggy/poorly implemented. The weakest point seems to be the Windows desktop version of Tidal. For a while there, the desktop Tidal would actually see my Node 2i streamer. Then, suddenly, it just stopped seeing it. My Android phone has always been reliable though - I can always send my session from my phone to my Node, or take it back to my phone. Even when I take the Node out of the equation here, something's still not right - the Android implementation of Tidal does not see the Windows 10 version, and vice versa. According to the Tidal page of supported devices, this SHOULD work:

https://tidal.com/supported-devices?filter=tidal-connect&category=desktop

Is anyone else having the same issues?

FWIW the desktop workaround is to use the BluOS Controller desktop software. I'm using that on the same exact laptop, and it sees the Node 100% of the time. I was skeptical I'd use it much at all, but honestly it's a decent way to control the Node.

crowdypooster

I agree with everything you have stated; I found your post as I was searching for hopeful updates on this issue.

Below is a copy of an e-mail I sent to [email protected]. They said they plan to add it but don't know when.

"I am writing on behalf of myself and many others who eagerly await the arrival of the 6th item on this list from your website:

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004565898-How-to-Use-TIDAL-Connect

#1 The ability to control the Windows Desktop app from the phone app would be an absolute "game changer" in my listening experience. It has been "coming soon" for nearly 2 years. Any estimate on its arrival? "

PortableMusic

@SimpleDumbPilot and @crowdypooster:

like you both, my windows 10 PC tidal app loses the option of Tidal Connect often. there is no consistency of WHY or WHEN the tidal pc app would lose the Tidal Connect option.

when that option isn't available, i can still use my Bluesound Node 2i Android app on my cellphone to control Tidal via my Bluesound app. again, this is not a tidal android app, but a Bluesound app for my Node 2i.

it is very frustrating to lose my Tidal Connect option on my desktop PC so often!

may i ask if anyone else has this issue and figured out what the problem is?

the only way for me to get the Tidal Connect option back is to reboot my wifi router, which takes time and is needlessly cumbersome for such costly service/device! we're paying top dollar for Tidal's Hifi/Masters level, and we bought the Bluesound Node 2i device. why should we suffer due to Tidal's incompetence in writing a PC app for Windows 10?

PortableMusic

PS: i discovered that if i rebooted my desktop PC, that would also make Tidal Connect show up.

don't know what type of clue this is.

PortableMusic

possible workaround found: if you opened up your windows PC tidal app, say in the morning, when you first turn on your computer, and if you're fortunate enough that tidal connect DOES show up, if you do not turn off your pc for the entire day, i think you won't lose the Tidal Connect option IF you leave the app on all day.

PortableMusic

at long last, i received an answer to my numerous emails to Tidal:

"...

Thank you so much for your patience!

Our Tech Team has concluded their investigation into this matter and determined this is an issue through the device setup with Lenbrook and the way it's connecting back to your network. Because of this, they advise reaching out to Lenbrook to troubleshoot your setup directly:
https://lenbrook.com/contact-us/. Their support team can assist you with your device and troubleshoot the device itself further.

If you need to make any changes to your TIDAL Account you can manage it at my.tidal.com at any time.

If you have any further questions please let us know. Thank you for your time and understanding.

For answers to FAQs and more visit support.TIDAL.com.

Have a great day!
Nancy

TIDAL Support"

It looks like they are passing the ball right back to Blusound.

this seems to be the case so often with this type of troubleshooting: company A says it's company B's fault, and company B says it's not possible that it's their fault so it really is company A's fault.

in this case, as it's working fine via other methods, i.e. Android, my gut tells me it's really the Tidal Windows app that's the culprit.

may i ask if there area any further thoughts on this please? thanks.

Last edited:

nokturnal

For me, whenever my device disappears from tidal on my desktop pc, I grab my phone and open tidal. Immediately when app on the phone opens the device shows on pc.
But it still disappears frequently and also sometimes bugs out so I have to restart the app on both devices.

Same for me, on android phone the Tidal connect always shows up while on windows only on some occasions. Its strange that Tidal is still ignoring this problem

Top Bottom