• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TI DC/DC IC convertor disassembly

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
I have stumbled upon disassembly of Texas Instruments DC/DC 5V IC which hopefully could be used to make dirty USB power supply sources a little bit cleaner. Unfortunately this particular one thanks to packaging is moisture sensitive. Anyhow I found it interesting reading and hopefully other people will find it as well so decided to share it:

http://www.righto.com/2020/05/tiny-...omment=1589132437401&m=1#c8164995859051961662

At the beginning of the article there's a link to project5474 web page where they cook and serve IC's regularly and you can find dissections of some popular Amp's/OP Amp's there.

Best regards.

mansr

Major Contributor
I have stumbled upon disassembly of Texas Instruments DC/DC 5V IC which hopefully could be used to make dirty USB power supply sources a little bit cleaner.
Analog Devices have a few similar ICs too. These things are easy to use and space saving, but they have poor efficiency and very limited power capability, not nearly enough for many bus-powered USB devices. If space isn't tight, you're better off using a driver IC with external transformer.

Unfortunately this particular one thanks to packaging is moisture sensitive.
Lots of ICs come with that moisture indication card and baking instructions. It is only of concern during PCB assembly due to the high temperatures encountered there.

Top Bottom