• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

THX Onyx Bose 25 vs 700 Noise Canceling

rsmithor

Oh boy THX Oynx,.. 2 days and this beauty arrived FedEx. When THX site, offered Onyx on the frst day I ordered one. I had the one hell of a time getting it to work First up my Bose 700, you can do wired listening as an option. Hooked up the Bose 700, set my noise canceling set at to 10.the sound all wrong. Sounded mediocre at best, no where near the 700s sound with blue tooth. The apple SE 20 has No headphone Jack. Doggle time… apple lighting cable into the first stage of Onyx. From there to a special audiophile cable to the Bose 700. Wrong from the start. From the wired cable The 700 were on (steady light) blue tooth off Sound screaming… nothing worth listening too…what to do… thought, looked and I found my old Bose 25 wired noise-canceling headphones. Added a fresh AAA. Rescued a special audiophile cable made for the Bose 25s…sound, fantastic… the Bose wired headphones worked Magic. Noise Cancellation perfect the sound smooth, with Blue tooth off. Lighting to UBS Apple doggle 1 audiophile cable. 1 USB to UBS-C a UBS Female UBS-C. So worth it. The sound… Bose 700 couldn’t obtain the sound with blue tooth on. The Bose 700s it never made any impression. Here's another reason to put aside the my 700s and use or consider buying the Bose 25 You’re an audiophile, right? THX Onyx…try it…
—Ron

Attachments

• 20F08471-DDF1-4B16-9FB9-2D63274F7E2E.jpeg
    20F08471-DDF1-4B16-9FB9-2D63274F7E2E.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Top Bottom