• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

THX cinema with pro cinema audio gear

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
intermission on a bridge too far

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
i may or may not be getting mkiii 32 , still waiting on other end
i wouldn't even consider it to be this " end game " as still my super star 3560fm can do 360 channels

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
behringer pro8024 don't use it now , had few snags with not sure digital eq a flaw with the design , audio limiter was okay on it . bat been replaced . but looking at depth of product could be customised made with less depth , reposition power supply transformer put some shielding around it and bring it in close with where pcb is bring it tighter so have less depth also = less weight

17097848_10154909379265149_9046514501179599815_o.jpg
16992287_10154909381190149_7731560501633581130_o.jpg
16904922_10154909382105149_7753254651404664212_o.jpg

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
sony pcm f1 i been told by was used for adr raiders of the lost ark

lol i can see after presentation , q&a some audience eyes rolling heads shaking

Last edited:
OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Bear looks at stormaudio 32 channel

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
sony SDDS D3000 analog board

10557072_10152773259135149_5554191755579445445_o.jpg

10733720_10152773257370149_3377577085309244529_o.jpg
10679915_10152773257440149_6949298438365692107_o.jpg
10710465_10152773257820149_1497144661476339739_o.jpg

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
non-stop stormaudio elite mkIII 32 install , 24hrs non-stop , ( at first ) its a complex processor took some hours to figure out the manual and use expect to format the some channels i will use for present ( then extra xlr cables arrived ) i finish rest install , less time than 24hrs as first install has totally exhausted me .
took a picture and went back to bed , totally exhausted being up 24hrs .
334980325_230743849413064_3094516451684063814_n.jpg
334671198_971270733857742_8927526983465258985_n.jpg

i opt for five screen L Lc C Rc R as i been using five screen matrix for a few no years , with JBL professional cinema , lucasfilm ltd THX sound system .
tested , " gravity " and that has good use of five screen with directional dialog effects panning

tested , " top gun maverick " , Dolby atmos , lousy film mix got bored with it and ejected the disc , worst mix overrated movie , little use of over surrounds that are so poorly mixed , in 36 years worst Dolby film had to listen to

tested , " star trek ii the wrath of khan " wow that is still best star trek no use of Lc Rc , i may have to get matrix five screen back up and running , as my exiting system had to be stripped all down , which why its taken me non-stop 24hrs and i still have maybe 2 or 3 more days installing and tuning to THX standards to do
tested , laserdisc " the empire strikes back " Dolby Stereo 4.2.4 with external 8ch input to stormadio , with Technics SA TX100 , wow , disc2 side3 the millennium falcon approaching the cloud city , and hovering underside below luke skywalker , the bass and sub bass extension , pressing against my body , wow
picture quality on laserdisc looked or appeared to look better being processed though Denon AVC-X8500H video input to hdmi output to stormaudio ( hdmi 6 ) input that i have assigned for laserdisc

the stormaudio with video/sound format switching a bit faster than the Denon AVC-X8500H

tested , " hamburger hill " opening and end credits music which had good use of stage bass LCR with deep sub bass extension
i doubt i use the stormaudio Eq as my system passes though a complex b-chain and any or most Eq will be ether done though x4 Behringer DCX2496 , x2 of them for five screen channels .

signal level nice to see +4dBu , as previously with Denon that mostly passed though with rest of processors Sony SDDS D3000 at -10dB system here also uses , below surround channels . there's no other home cinema or even cinema , that using below surround . i get a proper z axis from floor to middle screen/surrounds to ceiling .
the previous system was around i call it , 15.2/4/6/8.12

it will be possible now to get around 87 channels , my CB radio can still do 360 channels multi mode , so 87 channels not bad if i wanted to extended it that far

i had to solder other three core xlr cables that was used for other uses with connectors that was hour work

getting the processor to connect with ( remote or expect ) to configure the assignment of channels for the processor took a while to figure out . it's kind of hard to navigate around at first

Last edited:
OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
stormaudio output channels overlay of five screen L Lc C Rc R

stormfive.jpg

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
stormaudio32 4.jpg

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
hello

how big is your room? aren't these JBLs too big for the room?
nope they are not big they are a pa speaker . a speaker is a speaker . its the crossover that makes the speaker and they are more than well suited and for cheap price got them at , unbeatable
many use JBL pro cinema in the home and would be only pa cinema speaker needed , highly recommended if get them cheap

your room looks small like mine , i guessing the width is maybe around 9' or 10' ? wide ? if 10' wide its just about doable to fit smaller JBL pa cinema , x3 L C R behind the screen , if possible for x5 , L Lc C Rc R coupled together it still sound good

Last edited:

patoulol

Forum Donor
nope they are not big they are a pa speaker . a speaker is a speaker . its the crossover that makes the speaker and they are more than well suited and for cheap price got them at , unbeatable
many use JBL pro cinema in the home and would be only pa cinema speaker needed , highly recommended if get them cheap

your room looks small like mine , i guessing the width is maybe around 9' or 10' ? wide ? if 10' wide its just about doable to fit smaller JBL pa cinema , x3 L C R behind the screen , if possible for x5 , L Lc C Rc R coupled together it still sound good
my piece is 10.7' wide

But small because 1300 cu ft .

I gave up the idea of switching to JLB pro because I won't have enough perspective for my cinema screen and I risk seeing micro perforations in the canvas.

But I have always been interested in your system since my registration on this forum

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
my piece is 10.7' wide

But small because 1300 cu ft .

I gave up the idea of switching to JLB pro because I won't have enough perspective for my cinema screen and I risk seeing micro perforations in the canvas.

But I have always been interested in your system since my registration on this forum
i forget which screen type i have ? it ain't any of the perforated type screens . something woolven screen ? it passed a test as one my new cats a few , no years ago got ( behind the screen ) as kitten and climbed up the screen like spiderman and no damage to the screen
it lets high frequencies pass though the screen and was very cheap 120"

horizontally screen is 109" with five of JBL 4673A and works sounds , i say great , yes really great even with five screen discrete sound " Gravity " and i can hear , " i am THX listening " and directional dialogue pans move from speaker to speaker , i can't see why wouldn't work in your small room with similar ceiling height ?

all this about ceilings have to be very high for overhead surrounds . well there is some truth to that . the higher the speaker is placed , while playing pink noise , ( or get someone hold speaker above you and raise it upwards slowly towards the ceiling while using pink noise )

for myself , i used projectionist instinct to place the speakers in more or less the exact same way as a cinema , only in a small room

if you can find JBL 4673A there would be more than enough for the needs they can sound overpowering or you can make them less overpowering , depends on your listening preference ? they would be more than ideal . i'm not trying to push them onto you ? just saying for handling cinema soundtracks they are more than up to the task , if can of course find them cheap enough . mine cost less than a single m&k 350 , speaker . why would anyone buy an expensive speaker where the bass is going to have to be diverted to subwoofers ? get JBL pa cinema speakers they handle full - range nicely .
( pa cinema speakers are heavy )

i was having my stormaudio elite mkIII 32 , adjusted with , what is called ( new theatre ) yesterday , remotely by installer as i had some snags and he was kind enough to assist as he's done so many of them .

he asked me " what speakers are you using , do you want me , set your speakers to small for subwoofers ? " ( no , no they are fine , they are cinema type full - range they can handle it )

rest of the stormaudio passes though Behringer DCX 2496 and lucasfilm ltd THX sound system , so my screen channels are more than capable of handling all the movies soundtrack levels , including that , few seconds " live repeat " movie

patoulol

Forum Donor
i forget which screen type i have ? it ain't any of the perforated type screens . something woolven screen ? it passed a test as one my new cats a few , no years ago got ( behind the screen ) as kitten and climbed up the screen like spiderman and no damage to the screen
it lets high frequencies pass though the screen and was very cheap 120"

horizontally screen is 109" with five of JBL 4673A and works sounds , i say great , yes really great even with five screen discrete sound " Gravity " and i can hear , " i am THX listening " and directional dialogue pans move from speaker to speaker , i can't see why wouldn't work in your small room with similar ceiling height ?

all this about ceilings have to be very high for overhead surrounds . well there is some truth to that . the higher the speaker is placed , while playing pink noise , ( or get someone hold speaker above you and raise it upwards slowly towards the ceiling while using pink noise )

for myself , i used projectionist instinct to place the speakers in more or less the exact same way as a cinema , only in a small room

if you can find JBL 4673A there would be more than enough for the needs they can sound overpowering or you can make them less overpowering , depends on your listening preference ? they would be more than ideal . i'm not trying to push them onto you ? just saying for handling cinema soundtracks they are more than up to the task , if can of course find them cheap enough . mine cost less than a single m&k 350 , speaker . why would anyone buy an expensive speaker where the bass is going to have to be diverted to subwoofers ? get JBL pa cinema speakers they handle full - range nicely .
( pa cinema speakers are heavy )

i was having my stormaudio elite mkIII 32 , adjusted with , what is called ( new theatre ) yesterday , remotely by installer as i had some snags and he was kind enough to assist as he's done so many of them .

he asked me " what speakers are you using , do you want me , set your speakers to small for subwoofers ? " ( no , no they are fine , they are cinema type full - range they can handle it )

rest of the stormaudio passes though Behringer DCX 2496 and lucasfilm ltd THX sound system , so my screen channels are more than capable of handling all the movies soundtrack levels , including that , few seconds " live repeat " movie
I've already listened to JBL 4673s with my friends who own them, but they all sound different.

One with trinnov active filtering and another with a dcx

I'm looking for the smooth and round rendering of the dialogues like the rendering of the cinemas of the 1990s

but maybe I can achieve this with my current system with a more matte acoustic treatment

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
I've already listened to JBL 4673s with my friends who own them, but they all sound different.

One with trinnov active filtering and another with a dcx

I'm looking for the smooth and round rendering of the dialogues like the rendering of the cinemas of the 1990s

but maybe I can achieve this with my current system with a more matte acoustic treatment
i know exactly what you mean ?

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
genesis arc Eq its Eq to speaking to god ?
i not even loaded the genesis arc to the stormaudio elite mkIII 32 , yet ?

i know Eq is bit of controversial subject but really now . this is getting bit biblical with calling it , Genesis , arc " ark " , just don't open the file to peep inside it lol
indiana-jones-face-melting.gif

7ekc2s.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
marion don't Eq at it , listen away from it

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
what makes stormaudio elite mkIII 32 , problematic is no
video component input
video composite input

just HDMI inputs

hdmi 1 panasonic 9000 THX
hdmi 2
hdmi 3
hdmi 4
hdmi 5
hdmi 6 Laserdisc via going though Denon 8500H to stormaudio pro-logic from Technics SA TX100 connected to Denon 8500 8input then outputs connected stromaudio 8 inputs
hdmi 7 pc computer

^ eyes rolling at the lack these processors do for those that are brainwashed like sheep , sold their VHS , Laserdisc for sake of blu4k hdmi that mostly have near field mixes

i have to use the Denon AVC-X8500H for mostly

video component input , not yet got this running with D-VHS D-theatre m tried and wasn't yet getting HD 1080i signal with converter box , where RGB goes in and outouts via hdmi and selected one of hdmi inputs on the stormaudio , and even tried connecting directly back to Denon AVC-X8500H RGB inputs and using hdmi video main output that connectors to stormaudio input hdmi 6 . nothing expect for D-theatre video background no actual image from the movie in the player , i know it works , something is not been configured correctly ? i even tried , D-theatre optical output connected to stormaudio , input optical 2 . nothing ? strange ? i'll figure it ?

video composite input VHS , Laserdisc , ( only got the laserdisc running yet ) have to reconfigure the JVC VHS

still this would have been all easier had stormaudio not traded off vital inputs for sake of this hdmi . it now , i guess makes it harder , but i'll figure it out

patoulol

Forum Donor
i know exactly what you mean ?

Yes, it's true Andy. thanks for video.

But my project is on hold:

I have tinnitus. I don't know if it comes from my neighbor's JBL Trinnov tests (we exceeded 90db peak) or if my hiss comes from my jaw because I clench my teeth at night

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Yes, it's true Andy. thanks for video.

But my project is on hold:

I have tinnitus. I don't know if it comes from my neighbor's JBL Trinnov tests (we exceeded 90db peak) or if my hiss comes from my jaw because I clench my teeth at night
i know exactly what you mean . it's the pressure of the inner ear noise . i often get pressure of loudness that peaks often high , some most days that is ?
i presently have some mild hissing both side of the inner ears , at around roughly between 6KHz and 8KHz ?

doesn't have to be a movie , music , or sound generator . can be any other sound at high level

once gone or go over certain dB level typically they say thushodl for pain is 130dB . i wouldn't be anywhere near close to that SPL dB anymore , ( to no day ) now 120dB sensurround , " battlestar galatica " gave me this , tinnitus around april 1979 , according to the ( no month ) april . all i heard often at night was hissing noise ?
it can suddenly fade out at any time and fade back in at any time ? once

Top Bottom