• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Throw Your Amp in the Garbage

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, they will build the hotel.. then a terrible breakout of the long forgotten plague 'audiophile nevosa' will rise up from the disturbed ground and sweep the globe..
That could accelerate the heat death of the universe.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It might be a home-theater-in-a-box, like the kind that @fas42 has been talking about from Philips.
That's what Frank uses for his High End system, ain't it?

Vincent Kars

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
dynaudio-focus-xd2017-758x426.png

Looks like John H. Darko (see lower right)

Don Hills

Well can't speak for everyone here but personally I don't go the whole nine yards and half bury my poo in my neighbors back garden ..

No, you come to New Zealand and do it here. :) (We have a problem here with tourists defecating in public places / tourist spots, and even walking into private properties and shi^^ing in the bushes.)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
No, you come to New Zealand and do it here. :) (We have a problem here with tourists defecating in public places / tourist spots, and even walking into private properties and shi^^ing in the bushes.)
Can't let those Brits go anywhere. :)

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Don't worry , the sheep eat that then you sell us the lamb so effectively we are eating our own ... you get the idea :D

fas42

Major Contributor
That's what Frank uses for his High End system, ain't it?
Used to. It's effectively been put in the bin; that is, put to one side in a heap of other stuff because I "wore out" one of the chip amps from the high levels I was running it at - it slowly went bad over some weeks ... and I was too lazy to swap in one the good, unused ICs also on the board.

fas42

Major Contributor
And we have a problem, over in Oz, with Kiwis coming across as tourists and doing a runner when the debts mount up - What! Me, pay?!! Quite notorious for this, you take a big risk renting a place, say, to New Zealanders who are just out for a "good time" ...

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Used to. It's effectively been put in the bin; that is, put to one side in a heap of other stuff because I "wore out" one of the chip amps from the high levels I was running it at - it slowly went bad over some weeks ... and I was too lazy to swap in one the good, unused ICs also on the board.

You wore out a chip??

fas42

Major Contributor
You wore out a chip??
That's what it seemed to be - I noticed an odd sound coming from that channel, somewhat erratically when playing low level sounds - something like poor connection buzzing. This slowly got worse, over some weeks, until it was impossible to listen to, then completely died. A bit of troubleshooting confirmed it was within the chip amp.

Don Hills

And we have a problem, over in Oz, with Kiwis coming across as tourists and doing a runner when the debts mount up - What! Me, pay?!! Quite notorious for this, you take a big risk renting a place, say, to New Zealanders who are just out for a "good time" ...

At least we don't sh^t in the garden...
But seriously, ratbags are a universal problem.

Top Bottom