• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thread Shutdowns

Wombat

Master Contributor
Amir, you posted a question in this thread and then shut it down against replies: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tesla-announced-cybertruck.10039/.

Here is my reply(not Tesla related).

Maybe it is time for you to ponder whether ASR is a discussion forum or a test publication site, or can be both. It seems with forum growth and limited management resources this has become an issue.

A forum can only retain its reason for being if 'moderation' is fair to all members.

Shutting down threads because some members overstep the mark is similar to schoolmasters denying the class a welcome activity because a few guys 'up the back' misbehave. Shutting down threads rather than dealing with a few errant posts punishes all members. It seems to have occurred more frequently over the last year or so. Management stress has been apparent, for some time, from management statements.

An additional moderator, or two, is the answer, I believe(gear related and audo general?) - I know that is a difficult ask.

I post this as constructive member feedback re growing pains and not as a criticism of intent and valued hard work that management has put in over the years.

:)

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
What question?

These threads are not essential to the charter of the forum. If they go well, they are fine to be there. If they do not, then they get shut down with no impact on the core mission of the forum. You can go to other fora and argue politics about electric cars. This place is not it.

OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor
Last edited:

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If you want zero moderation in your car discussions try /o/

Reactions: SIY

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There are better places to discuss automotive issues. Around here they tend to wander into politics.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I admin'd a pretty big website for a whole bunch of years and can only say schitt happens.
No matter what you do or what rules you make, people will occasionally cross the line.
Doesn't happen often if you run a tight ship, @amirm approach is good as any and better than most.
When things get crazy, go in an lock it down with a warning. Of course there are some folk that
just go too far and you then take off their heads like the Pink Panthers LOL
All in all this site does very well at self moderation with a minimal amount of issues requiring intervention.

Stay at home, listen to your rig, and stay healthy everyone.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
Amir, you posted a question in this thread and then shut it down against replies: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tesla-announced-cybertruck.10039/.

Here is my reply(not Tesla related).

Maybe it is time for you to ponder whether ASR is a discussion forum or a test publication site, or can be both. It seems with forum growth and limited management resources this has become an issue.

A forum can only retain its reason for being if 'moderation' is fair to all members.

Shutting down threads because some members overstep the mark is similar to schoolmasters denying the class a welcome activity because a few guys 'up the back' misbehave. Shutting down threads rather than dealing with a few errant posts punishes all members. It seems to have occurred more frequently over the last year or so. Management stress has been apparent, for some time, from management statements.

An additional moderator, or two, is the answer, I believe(gear related and audo general?) - I know that is a difficult ask.

I post this as constructive member feedback re growing pains and not as a criticism of intent and valued hard work that management has put in over the years.

:)
We have had interesting disagreements that I find entertaining. Especially late at night (my time.)

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
We are called audio science review, at least as best we can we should try to stay focused on that, there is a forum out there for everything, this one happens to be the best for audio science.

What admin does to try and keep it that way is appreciated.

None of us could do the job without having to dice and slice sometimes.

Amir is a very patient man, I have seen him hold up under the worst conditions and keep civil, I am proud to be a member of his site, fair and firm leads the way. Press on Administrators!

Top Bottom