• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thread dedicated to the Topping A50S

raif71

Major Contributor
superman-logo-wallpaper-wal.jpg

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What is known about the features of the upcoming models?
All I know is that it is unacceptable. Even a self-confessed miser such as myself is reaching for his wallet. The only problem is that it's stapled shut.

Seriously though, very exciting times and kudos to Topping!

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Veri

Master Contributor
Topping A30 Pro Desktop Amplifier:
At the event, Topping showcased an upgraded version of the Topping A30 with the Topping A30 Pro. The basic A30 variant is already a very capable amplifier and has grabbed a lot of attention from the audio community. We tried the A30 Pro at the event with our iBasso SR2, HarmonicDyne Helios Headphones and it drove them with ease free from any background noise or distortion.

img.jpg

4-pin XLR, 4.4mm, 6.3mm unbalanced outputs. There is room for both RCA & XLR inputs. Looks like no pre-amp functionality(?), looking at the 'OFF' switch at the front it likely has L30-like external power supply, again 15VAC? Either that or a new kind of PSU, but I doubt it'll be internal like A90.
A50s will be only 4.4mm and 6.3mm headphone outputs, with only RCA inputs. But it will have RCA pre-outs.

Last edited:

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Topping A30 Pro Desktop Amplifier:
At the event, Topping showcased an upgraded version of the Topping A30 with the Topping A30 Pro. The basic A30 variant is already a very capable amplifier and has grabbed a lot of attention from the audio community. We tried the A30 Pro at the event with our iBasso SR2, HarmonicDyne Helios Headphones and it drove them with ease free from any background noise or distortion.

View attachment 83235

4-pin XLR, 4.4mm, 6.3mm unbalanced outputs. There is room for both RCA & XLR inputs. Looks like no pre-amp functionality(?), looking at the 'OFF' switch at the front it likely has L30-like external power supply, again 15VAC? Either that or a new kind of PSU, but I doubt it'll be internal like A90.
A50s will be only 4.4mm and 6.3mm headphone outputs, with only RCA inputs. But it will have RCA pre-outs.

The styling looks similar to the A90, which is nice. I don't see where this fits in the x30 line as there's no matching DAC. Does the 'Pro' allude to balanced inputs? Will there be a D30 Pro? What would that mean for the x50(s) range? Maybe the x50(s) range will sit inbetween the x30 and x30 Pro.

Veri

Master Contributor

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Wait, the A30 will only output SE or that is even more already in SE but will have bal out?
I think it has SE-only output, but XLR and 4.4 have separate grounds for left and right, which improves crosstalk. XLR inputs are balanced though, which is the more significant part.

Top Bottom