• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thread closures and controversy versus reality. Spoiler [Fact on the ropes]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguyca

Music is good; music has zero politics, zero sex, zero religion, zero rebellion.
Audio Science is good; objective audio has zero politics, zero sex, zero religion, zero rebellion.

You're kidding. Music, usually by the intent of the composer and/or musician, is full of all those things. You are missing the essence of music if you somehow just hear the sounds.

leeroy 85032

Any other year, this year is not the same, but Amir is in his home here, we are guests, participants, contributors, his output is considerable and the data proves it. I've checked several audio forums from Alexa; only ASR is up, the rest are considerably down.
I rely on that data, it's a good gauge.

The majority decides along with Amir first. If the thread's starters could delete posts that are political that would be great for Thomas as the guy has to sleep in his night hours.
I realize that some members here are hedgy, and understandably so...we are in a pandemic. And it's the science of knowing what we're all dealing with, our behavior, keeping track, etc. Nobody wants any political clowns interfering with a very serious crisis. We want to learn more about this virus and how best to fight it, reminding ourselves how vulnerable we are if not taking the right precautions, not following the best advice, etc.

And how best in a scientific audio forum than during a pandemic?
Nobody is blinded, nobody each day is not somehow concerned a bit, it's just normal in abnormal times. What are we, machines, or humans with lungs, heart, nose, veins, blood, eyes, ears, brain?

I'm with the majority, this is just my own opinion. I'm with Amir because he's human, he's not a machine, and he's poor, and he needs our support for all his hard work. That's the way the world normally works.
i gotta throw up a big *stop* sign on the "Amir is poor" line ..Amir isn't poor , not even close.. you know how i know? i'm really fucking poor .. calling Amir "poor" is an insult to me.. sorry , no offense intended.. but i've seen Amir's "poor me " act by 100 guys in my past .. it's a cute ruse to keep the money rolling in...

North_Sky

Major Contributor
For the people that chose to let it in to their lives. I've never had a twitter, facebook or instagram account and most of my friends and family aren't the slightest bit interested either. It's been rather amusing watching the procession from the sidelines.

To be a member on Instagram you need sex appeal with muscles made of chrome steel.
If you could time travel you could fit the criteria. :D

North_Sky

Major Contributor
i gotta throw up a big *stop* sign on the "Amir is poor" line ..Amir isn't poor , not even close.. you know how i know? i'm really fucking poor .. calling Amir "poor" is an insult to me.. sorry , no offense intended.. but i've seen Amir's "poor me " act by 100 guys in my past .. it's a cute ruse to keep the money rolling in...

Relax, it was just a figure of speech. I don't care if someone is rich or poor.
What I know is this: There are no commercials, no adds here. Amir is working with us.
I like it better, much better that way. It's straight honest to the point.
Amir is rich because he has a lovely understanding wife and they work very nice together. That's being rich in life...with a wife, a family you love and grow up with in the garden of Eden. Capitch? :)

North_Sky

Major Contributor
You're kidding. Music, usually by the intent of the composer and/or musician, is full of all those things. You are missing the essence of music if you somehow just hear the sounds.

It was a figure of speech to say that no matter what you do in life, what you buy, where you work, how much you get pay, how much taxes you pay, how much your car, your home, your pizza oven, your hard labor, your measuring audio machine, ... there is somehow a little bit of economics and politics involved. It's just that we don't talk about, hardly mention it, and certainly not having a discussion about it. Capitch? :)

leeroy 85032

Relax, it was just a figure of speech. I don't care if someone is rich or poor.
What I know is this: There are no commercials, no adds here. Amir is working with us.
I like it better, much better that way. It's straight honest to the point.
Amir is rich because he has a lovely understanding wife and they work very nice together. That's being rich in life...with a wife, a family you love and grow up with in the garden of Eden. Capitch? :)
it's simply an untrue statement ... i mean no disrespect, but calling Amir poor is simply parroting his strategy for collecting donations .. i don't begrudge him for the effort .. don't belittle my attempt at setting the record straight.. you don't have to like it be respect the honesty at least..

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

I always thought it was spelled "capisce"?

I sympathize with your desire, though, for a place to discuss things free of human discord. But as they say:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

But my dog died last night at the age of 10.5, in his sleep, so I'm afflicted with melancholy.

He was a better soul than most people, or at least how most people behave on the internet.

¥€$

All opinions are welcome, but they are not the problem with today's online culture. The problem is the people who, when pressed, cannot rationalize their opinions in a logical fashion that others can understand, and instead all too easily interpret questioning as having hostile intent when it's only neutral. And since the squeaky wheel gets the oil, forum moderators often favor these emotionally reactionary types because it's easier that way.

Trolls can exploit that by not being overt while provoking others.

You're talking about passive aggression, aren't you? ;)

leeroy 85032

I always thought it was spelled "capisce"?

I sympathize with your desire, though, for a place to discuss things free of human discord. But as they say:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

But my dog died last night at the age of 10.5, in his sleep, so I'm afflicted with melancholy.

He was a better soul than most people, or at least how most people behave on the internet.
capisce is correct afaik

leeroy 85032

All opinions are welcome, but they are not the problem with today's online culture. The problem is the people who, when pressed, cannot rationalize their opinions in a logical fashion that others can understand, and instead all too easily interpret questioning as having hostile intent when it's only neutral. And since the squeaky wheel gets the oil, forum moderators often favor these emotionally reactionary types because it's easier that way.

You're talking about passive aggression, aren't you? ;)
i think often on forums like this that the greasy donor gets preference over others .. but what would i know

¥€$

i think often on forums like this that the greasy donor gets preference over others .. but what would i know

That could be, but I've seen it happen pretty much anywhere. You don't necessarily have to pay to win, just pull any victim card from the deck and shriek as loud as you can.

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

If you can afford an internet connection, a device to access it on, and you have the time and resources to consider audio a "hobby," you ain't poor. And your post is an insult to genuinely poor people out there.

leeroy 85032

If you can afford an internet connection, a device to access it on, and you have the time and resources to consider audio a "hobby," you ain't poor. And your post is an insult to genuinely poor people out there.
you are absolutely wrong.. i live below the poverty level.. demeaning my statement as false (which is an absolute incorrect assumption) also doesn't make my statement about amir's obvious misrepresentation any less true either.. one more thing ,i'd be happy to verify my income .. how about amir ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom