• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thoughts or analysis on Topping A30 Amp or Amp portion of DX7s?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Wow what a tease you are :p

http://en.tpdz.net/products_detail/productId=29.html

If the THD is that high... this will be the first Topping Product to not come close to its specs!
This is not a good test for basic specs. It is going through my dummy load box with a bunch of jacks, wires, etc. I will have to measure it direct for the spec comparison purposes.

BTW, that is one nicely done product sheet! And the unit is quite attractive. Had not realized it until I opened the box today. :)

Jimster480

Major Contributor
This is not a good test for basic specs. It is going through my dummy load box with a bunch of jacks, wires, etc. I will have to measure it direct for the spec comparison purposes.

BTW, that is one nicely done product sheet! And the unit is quite attractive. Had not realized it until I opened the box today. :)
I thought you would have already been versed in the A30 xD
I guess I was wrong, yes overall its a very nice Amp. Its why I decided to take the dive and be the first person to test it on HeadFi lol.
I was very impressed with its performance (although I was a noob then) but it sounded really nice especially compared to my Fulla2 so... I guess the rest is history.

But Fundamentally the DX7 has the A30 6.35 Amp inside of it.
Its using the same Amp chip, and OpAmp and power structure if you check both of the product pages (the DX7 one can be hard to find now) it shows you this.

When you do actually test the A30 please test both the 3.5mm and the 6.35mm so that we have a baseline of the total performance.
Also please try to test the "Lo" and "Hi" settings to see what the differences actually are (supposed to adjust current IIRC), and see how the THD scales with the different gain settings.
Topping Publishes specs for all of these but it will be intersting to see how close (or far) they are from their published numbers.

Top Bottom