• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thoughts on the Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro DAC?

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
I thought the DPLL setting was tied to the sabre chipset firmware, so the only thing needed is for the firmware/display to show it, I don't see how MQA/USB chipset has anything to do with it.
But i, and many others who have the non-MQA version would appreciate it if it was possible to add it but I understand if it's impossible thanks anyway!

I would like to report the requirement to our engineers. Thank you!
By the way, the DPLL setting do in the Sabre chip, but it's not only displayed in the setting menu. Also, high DPLL bandwidth mode may reduce the sound quality.

tensor9

Forum Donor
I would like a DAC/Pre-amp combo. My amplifiers have plenty of gain, so I only need attenuation. I guess I'm concerned about digital attenuation bringing the signal closer to the analog noise floor (even though it's really low). Would you consider implementing an analog attenuator in the future?

Yviena

@amirm just wondering but have you received your Matrix Sabre pro review unit yet, if you have when do you think the review will be ready for publishing?

Veri

Master Contributor
Nice it would be very interesting to see what the various settings in the menu does to the measurements like the sync/async, Jitter reducer/dither etc.
These will not affect the standard measurement dashboard whatsoever. They will only subtly change jitter characteristics.

thejck

Is this OK to run directly as a preamp into your poweramp? Have people experimented both way's and have any thoughts on this?

Top Bottom