• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thoughts on Audioengine DAC3?

corgis_rule

Hi all,

Tryna decide on a portable DAC! I’ve seen the Audioengine DAC3 floating around, but haven’t really noticed any reviews on it! Is there something comparable to it that would beat its price point? There are so many portable DAC’s that it’s kind of hard to decide on one, but I know that Audioengine is somewhat reputable! Any feedback or advice is much appreciated :)

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Pretty hard to beat this:

Old Listener

I have a DAC3 which I use when doing measurements with REW. In the past, I have used it in my main systems. No complaints. I bought mine as a new in-box unit on Amazon several years ago for well under $ 100. The current DAC3 has been updated to use a newer DAC chip. The current version now has volume control buttons on the side of the DAC.

Note that while the DAC3 can accept input with a same rate of 188.2 or 192 KHz, that input is downsampled to 96 KHz. Support for DCD input is not mentioned on the tech support page for the DAC3.

Amir did a review with measurements. OK results as I recall.

Audioengine is an easy company to deal with. Good support if you need it.

Top Bottom