• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thomas Savage Stepping Down as Moderator

bogart

Forum Donor
One of my first experiences on ASR was seeing a dispute playing out in real-time on a thread I was reading. I was so impressed at how @Thomas savage handled it that my first PM ever sent was one telling him was a deft hand he'd laid on the situation.

While all attempts to code up a SavageBot have failed, I do hope we've all learned some by diffusion and can sustain our culture well as a show of appreciation for his hard work.

Dmitri

Forum Donor
One of my first experiences on ASR was seeing a dispute playing out in real-time on a thread I was reading. I was so impressed at how @Thomas savage handled it that my first PM ever sent was one telling him was a deft hand he'd laid on the situation.

While all attempts to code up a SavageBot have failed, I do hope we've all learned some by diffusion and can sustain our culture well as a show of appreciation for his hard work.
Well, there’s a high office soon to be available that could use a third option.
Any interest Thomas? I know people who know people who could fix that silly citizenship requirement... ; )

Katji

Major Contributor
Thank you @Thomas savage . I hope to continue seeing replies/posts from you. (I'm somewhat new /newly active, until recently I thought ASR was just where I went via google to find out about DACs, but then I got an RSS reader. So the name is only familiar to me because I saw some good/helpful replies from you yesterday.) :)

Shorty

This site won’t be the same without you, Thomas. I’m sorry to see you go...
Thank you!

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
Dankeschön for making this forum what it is.

Reactions: PSO

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Now I'm waking up everyday in silk pyjamas life's changed lol

How about a new, more appropriate avatar...

Capture+_2020-10-29-12-32-13.png

Omar Cumming

I have been here only a short time, but I have come to appreciate @Thomas savage for his judgement and diligence.

Cheers

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
You will be greatly missed Thomas, your temperament was perfect for the job.
Stay young and healthy.
Cent' Anni
Sal

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
Thomas will not be going anywhere, so stop saying he will be missed. I am personally going to strap him down in a chair in front of his computer and run an IV from the keg straight into his arm to keep the beer running smoothly. I'm also going to lock up his internet connection and browser so that ASR is the only website he can access.

We all owe Thomas a great debt of gratitude. Being a moderator is a time consuming job, often without pay, and many times thankless. Fortunately the collective here correctly recognizes his tireless efforts, tremendous sense of humor, and grace. We all are better for having Thomas be a part of our lives.

ezra_s

Forum Donor
Thanks Thomas, great job!

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
To our senior members: please help set a great standard of professional conduct so that others follow and reduce the need for moderation. I hope I can count on you in this regard.

I didn't want to let this plea go unnoticed. I join Amir in this request. What Amir and Thomas created is a great site. Let's do our part.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Thomas will not be going anywhere, so stop saying he will be missed. I am personally going to strap him down in a chair in front of his computer and run an IV from the keg straight into his arm to keep the beer running smoothly. I'm also going to lock up his internet connection and browser so that ASR is the only website he can access.

We all owe Thomas a great debt of gratitude. Being a moderator is a time consuming job, often without pay, and many times thankless. Fortunately the collective here correctly recognizes his tireless efforts, tremendous sense of humor, and grace. We all are better for having Thomas be a part of our lives.

Sooo, how long will it take him to fill the keg? :)

Agree 100% on the last paragraph. More than thankless; usually it entails a ton of abuse from offended members. I help moderate another forum and figure I'm doing my job when the praise and hate emails run 50-50.

Top Bottom