• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

This stuff makes me excited for the future

mjavala

New here. Thought Id kick it off with this awesome article:

https://singularityhub.com/2018/12/26/quantum-communication-just-took-a-great-leap-forward/

"Using the principle of entanglement, researchers have used entangled photons to transfer information between two nodes, in which the sender holds half of the entangled photons and the receiver holds the other half. Communication is made possible by the manipulation of the photons, resulting in an instantaneous change in the corresponding photons. "

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
There have been several article about quantum entanglement lately. I find a bit more exciting the ones not based on photons that have shown entanglement works at great distances. But 50 ~ 100 km is no slouch.

I got to piddle with quantum electronics years ago but remain a hairy-knuckled engineer... Cool stuff! - Don

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
An interesting program on quantum effects and biology...

At least I think it is, I fell asleep and just remembered I need to rewatch it...

Top Bottom