• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

This motion picture will be shown in the startling new multi-dimensional SENSURROUND!

Andysu

Major Contributor
185286031_10159141906345149_8500009725399167799_n.jpg

I won the poster two weeks ago in a bidding war, very cheap[ £50. I not seen one since days of Sensurround at the local ABC Bournemouth, screen 1, when seeing Earthquake few days later after my Dad, took me, see The Towering Inferno, screen 2 directly below screen 1. During intermission "get back its a broken gas mains" Kaboo! then intermission and during it at age 8 at time, knew nothing about sound systems frequency none of that nonsense, thou I was hearing at time before later years I became a listener. I heard this rumble sound? Looking above I was while licking the ice-cream and wondering what is that? Oh must be that Earthquake poster I saw outside something, sensurround? Wonder what that is all about then?

Saw Earthquake few days later first afternoon show 79p for Big Sound Sub Bass! 70mm six-track Sensurround, while most USA ones only had 35mm.
I was startled by it when open titles started the bass I felt while sat in middle circle or pullman seats that was comfy. I even felt before the Sensurround started on the mild rumbles, then Big rumbles. Even that cop guy punching that other cop guy, cos he drove the car into a hedge, felt the punch in the chest.

The first mild tremor after the opening credits with the Heston wife depressed, then felt a quake, wow. Then guys at the dam. That was a little jolt, sure scared me as It was felt!

Earthquake started I think November 1974 and played way into middle of 1975, makes those disney mary sue star wars look rubbish when they only play for 1 week so then gone and forgotten that, that star wars disney nightmare is finally over. Earthquake was a real movie that played for nearly half a year in Sensurround and I saw it four times over the rest if the months, twice in two weeks after I first saw it and then few many weeks after.

I play it today at far less than 120dB that gave me fing tinnitus in April 1979 with that battle-fing star fing galactica for fing 2hrs straight at fing 120dB!
Earthquake Sensurround was less mostly soap drama then big one hits at 120dB for ten minutes! The few before it lasted few seconds with few aftershocks after the big one and then dam busting at the end lasted few minutes.

I am still fascinated by Sensurround more than a dolby lousy atmos overhead today, enough of atmos as atmos is really a gimmick and scam cos the studios don't tell you if this movie is encoded with 2 or 4 or 6 or more overhead surround on the back of the box.

I even talking to a guy few years ago that had the Sensit a try urround Mod-III and offered few grand but someone else offered $10k and that was getting too much for a box that generators a random pink noise, thou I could have offered lot more but for a pink noise? There are other ways to crate it with with mixing and CD made and synced with manual play to enhance the effect in the room many times greater.

These UK projectionists gave try but the sensurround box had microchip overheating snags cos the actual box today only few existence. Dolby labs has one that they may lease to a cinema if playing Sensurround. there as maybe around 400 so Sensurround around between 1974 and 1980 'Zoot Suit' was last known one.
https://www.in70mm.com/news/2004/recreating_sensurround/index.htm

The Sensurround page
https://www.in70mm.com/library/process/sensurround/index.htm

Graumans chinese theatre has nice bit of Sensurround
http://www.graumanschinese.org/projection-3.html

Last edited:
OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Thou I am taking a break from the THX cinema for getting on 5th day due to tinnitus. Earthquake maybe the most played movie over Star Wars originals cos the sound system and sound mix is so controversial more controversial than atmos, now then!

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Earthquake - Sensurround via the Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System, double the quake power! I sense an Earthquake disturbance in the THX force.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Me and Sooty, watching Earthquake - Sensurround, (THX) gets played ran here few times each year. The granddaddy of Sub Bass!
The acting in this scene is so powerfully emotional on what to do? I like how it is play acted.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
The soap drama before the Big One Hits!

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
I can use a special sub bass extra on the surround channel that gives a damn scary feel in diny tichy sized room. so the bass rumbling is moving forwards and backwards. Via the Lucasfilm Ltd THX Sound System 15.12.6, 38.000kw THX.
I placed x4 ECM mics around the room into the audio mixer two at front and two middle of the room into the Sony 4k handicam, to more less capture the sound of the room thou still, looking for better techniques to improve.

I would do rehearsal and if shown to guests would be on the 120" AT projection screen with a 4k laser projector, with Five-screen front. sidewall rear back surround and Below surround matrix with a different overhead surround no DSU, It is Top Secret for this THX cinema.
The bass shakers are set at frequncy Top Secret and would have you running to the toilet with "White Ass!" Only I know of the affects from the effects that gives me the affects.

Last edited:
OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Testing Sensurround!

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
This is good video for Sensurround-Heads

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
UK Radio advertisement at the Empire Leicester Square!

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Rare Sensurround announcement!

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
Earthquake in Sensurround! Trailer in Sensurround! Staring Charton ... hes, In Sensurround!

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
I had to have a laugh as 2020 is still painful, even in sensurround.

gene_stl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I took my wife to see Midway. (she married me anyway , in spite of the various movies I dragged her to) It was in a relatively small rectangular theater with a row of front slot loaded subs across the front under the screen.
By the time the film (otherwise a great film) was over I was in a rage because the Sensurround system could only make one note which you noticed about the second activation.

I recently picked up the DVD. (The Mrs. actually likes WWII movies)

I never tried to see another Sensurround flick after that. I was very offended by it. Must have been very hi Q.

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
I took my wife to see Midway. (she married me anyway , in spite of the various movies I dragged her to) It was in a relatively small rectangular theater with a row of front slot loaded subs across the front under the screen.
By the time the film (otherwise a great film) was over I was in a rage because the Sensurround system could only make one note which you noticed about the second activation.

I recently picked up the DVD. (The Mrs. actually likes WWII movies)

I never tried to see another Sensurround flick after that. I was very offended by it. Must have been very hi Q.
I have it and I don't like it with the stock footage and the lots of visual continuity errors at the end when Heston, crashes the plane is laughable, as it is modern jet plane what was universal smoking during editing that movie?

Top Bottom